Gaming Thread

25in6dg.jpg

Bleh. After reading an SMT discussion I think I'm going to have to give Digital Devil Saga a third chance. The thought of the main character being able to rival the Demifiend (Nocturne) in power makes me wonder if the story line ever got better.

I never got Portal. Never found myself even remotely interested in playing it.

I kept reading all about it myself, and about how it's you know "the best game ever made" or whatever, but have never gotten around to playing either of them personally. I'll probably have to force myself to play the first one day just to see what all of the hype is about, but I don't like paying full price for a three hour game.

The Zelda and God of War games would have been way more enjoyable without puzzles.

Anyway, I finally reloaded my hour save into L.A Noire and started playing it for real, and I haven't put down the controller in about 10 hours. Wow! What a game.

Agreed. Puzzle games just piss me off. If I play a game with puzzles, it's usually only to get through it so I can continue playing.

That's exactly how I feel about them for the most part. It's not that they are ever "hard" or anything either, they just aren't all that engaging and often just feel like pushing cut blocks into their respective holes, or just monotonous fetch/button switch type scenarios.

That's what I was disappointed in when I played Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, compared to Blood Omen: less bloody dismemberments, more puzzles :(

Hah! That was the very first game that came to mind when thinking about games with puzzles that got it wrong. I did like the first two Abe (Odyssey) games however quite a bit as well as Blackthorne and one or two of the first few Lemmings.