Gaming Thread

Portal 2 is awesome, fuck the haters. It's pretty simplistic (as far as I can tell, haven't beaten it) in that you basically learn new techniques and then try them out on puzzles, then move through more puzzles with all you know etc, but it is really fun and the humor is great. Can't speak for portal 1 though.

Just beat Hitman: Blood money again, and damn it was fun. makes me dread the next game since they're changing the formula so much but oh well, could be cool; it felt awesome when I SPOILER felt the game was over and i felt so betrayed, then busted out my guns and shot everyone to death SPOILER. now that is a good way to settle a cliffhanger haha!

i'm now starting on a replay of Deus ex 1 and 2 in prep for HR. I'm going to try styles I haven't before and I've installed graphics mods, looks pretty damn good and deus ex 1 is still more innovative and engrossing than many modern games.

dx 1 is cool but i did everything in two play-throughs

thats not possible considering theres more than 2 endings and there are tons of side quests and other options you can choose (some may be smaller such as combat approach vs stealth approach, dialogue choices etc). i've played through it 3 times so far but they've been action and combat in approach with a few secrets missed so now i'm trying to go back in a stealth manner and actually be reminiscent of a cop with a bit of morality instead of just blowing everyone the fuck away.

I played "only" all Zelda titles up to the minish cap, but I always loved the puzzles, they mostly made the dungeons more intresting. And god, how I tried to forget that cartoon series!

the only zelda game i truly love is Ocarina. Majora's mask really didn't do it for me that much (so much that i didn't even finish it) and once nintendo went fucking retarded with the wii, gamecube etc i didn't have a chance to play anything after. ocarina is still probably one of my favorite games of all time though (due to nostalgia probably) but all the remakes are just ridiculous and shows how nintendo really is just stagnating and sucking.

games right now are in such a slump; it's a great thing i have so many games from the past to keep me occupied because there is NOTHING right now and then a whole slew of games this fall/winter/2012. I get that they want to release games for the holiday season but it'd be nice to have a few blockbusters during summer. Hell, starting from late august we have DXHR, Rage, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, COD4 (I don't like it but still a big game), Batman AC, Dead Island (meh), Assassins Creed R (meh), and then all the other ones in 2012 i'm forgetting about. all we have now is some fallout new vegas dlc and a few shitty games from the past months. summer is gaming time god dammit!

hvpelw.jpg

A Zelda game, taking place after Majoras Mask. Minor town puzzles and whatnot are still in, dungeons are instead more focused on combat and platforming. Most importantly stealth mode. Link can now traverse the shadows to deliver deadly one hit kills to his opponents. Classic "Z" style targeting makes a return, and Link now has complete control of the direction his sword is swung. Ie-A right horizontal attack will collide with Links left horizontal slash, causing neither side to take damage. Dungeons now have multiple bosses, including some on a grand scale seen only in Shadow of The Colossus. Links also has attributes, and can specialize in combat, magic, archery, or stealth. EXP points aren't given per kill, rather with the efficiency enemies are destroyed. Heart Pieces are still hidden and collected as normal, through puzzles or platforming.

Det Som Presents:Links Ultimate Kvlt Adventure. Coming, Summer 2020.

That's the hand gesture I would have used if I was pitching it to you in person. Looks better than Miyamoto doing it.

9uvv2c.jpg

But since you brought it up, good idea. Music by Nubuo Uematsu.

FUCKING HELL. I reinstalled deus ex and have been playing it again (plan on beating this 100% again, maybe twice and then doing deus ex iw in prep for HR, there are so many things i forgot about dx such as how great it is and little gameplay elements they brought into HR which truly makes it a real sequel) but I'm having some seriously problems, computer nerds plz save me.

I installed a few mods in a really simple way to get the best graphics possible: first off I used a thing called DX fix which basically allows you to apply a processor fix, set 32 bit colors, detailed textures, the FOV and resolution (it applies them to the .ini or something, basically a simple tool). this all works fine. Then I applied HDTP which applies some high def textures, that works too. then I installed New Vision which changes a wholeee bunch of world textures, yet the odd thing is even though I literally REPLACED the fucking textures in the world so the old ones wouldn't be there, I don't feel like they're new. either the mod is meh or maybe I'm just not seeing a difference (i reinstalled and i'm going to check how the old ones look in a day or so to see if i can notice a difference). If I fully changed and wrote over textures there could be no way they wouldn't be in the game right? the reason I ask is the last step I did was put in a new renderer with .dll files and then add to the ini, but unfortunately it won't load up and I get the logo for the renderer up in the left hand side of the screen like normal, yet nothing loads. just black screen with music. however then if i ctrl alt delete deus ex, and restart it by picking the renderer from the game menu options in safe mode, the renderer logo comes up, works perfectly, as does the game, but in a shitty awful resolution and with 16 bit colors and all sorts of awful shit.

so my main questions would be have you guys ever changed renderers? I added the line in the ini under engine that changes the renderer and added the properties at the bottom of the ini (where it said to) and yet it just gives me a black fucking screen. also if i overwrite the textures they must be in the game right? since it'd have nothing else to load? I also tried an opengl renderer just to at least get SOME sort of better graphics, and that crashes with a general protection error at the start about the renderer. even after re-installing fresh it gave me that; could it be windows 7? what the fuck do i do? i love deus ex but god dammit i want to try some of these mods!!!!11

hvpelw.jpg

A Zelda game, taking place after Majoras Mask. Minor town puzzles and whatnot are still in, dungeons are instead more focused on combat and platforming. Most importantly stealth mode. Link can now traverse the shadows to deliver deadly one hit kills to his opponents. Classic "Z" style targeting makes a return, and Link now has complete control of the direction his sword is swung. Ie-A right horizontal attack will collide with Links left horizontal slash, causing neither side to take damage. Dungeons now have multiple bosses, including some on a grand scale seen only in Shadow of The Colossus. Links also has attributes, and can specialize in combat, magic, archery, or stealth. EXP points aren't given per kill, rather with the efficiency enemies are destroyed. Heart Pieces are still hidden and collected as normal, through puzzles or platforming.

Det Som Presents:Links Ultimate Kvlt Adventure. Coming, Summer 2020.

Metal Gear Zelda Fencing Championship? D: