Gaming Thread

ahhhh

just playing some Super Metroid today, I totally forgot that guy breaks out from behind the wall, I thought I remembered him busting back up from under the ground.

How does he get all the way over there as bones? just to fall over when he smashes the wall? The magic of skeleton teleportation!?!

I just took this picture of my desk drawer at work:

3593570388_3c35e70dc8.jpg

I'm slowly collecting decent condition boxed copies with manual and such of my top 10 or so games.

Edit: Still need (working list)

U.N. Squadron
Contra III
Final Fantasy II (IV)
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Shadowrun
Super Mario Kart (or maybe F-Zero?)
Street Fighter II Turbo
i see the Super Castlevania IV and smile!
Finding decent boxed copies of stuff is tough unless you patrol ebay.

I think i still got the box for my NES Metroid and i have a few manuals for some of my NES and SNES and N64 games. A few boxes for the N64 ones too. I still have the boxes to most of my GBA games too. but thats about it lol

Yeah, I've been doing the same with replaying Assassins Creed on PC, when it was on sale on Steam. Nothing beats stabbin' beggars all day long. Seriously.

Besides that, I'm sceptical to Microsofts "Natal" thingie. Facial recognition that generally used has never worked that well before, and during their demonstration they had a guy fiddling with shit on the side, so I'm not really convinced by the advertising.

You guys can have Raiden anyways!

I've played through Bioshock a half dozen times. Sometime I start a game and just sit in the first building listening to Reinhardt and Grappelli play "Beyond the Sea." Assassin's Creed got boring very quickly. It is pretty, sure, but the missions are repetitive and frankly the whole stealth thing goes out the window later in the game as you can easily defeat a dozen opponents at a time.

This is probably going to soud like the most ridiculously fanboi thing I've ever said... But I actually don't see why people buy PS3's when they could get a 360 for less money. (Actually, people aren't buying PS3's, last month the fucking PS2 outsold the PS3 by 45,000 units) Xbox Live is about sixteen-hyperbolillian times better than any console online system out there, and the 360 has a plethora of genuinely fantastic games whereas the PS3 has.... erm.... Killzone 2 and God of War... Yeah that's about it.

This is probably going to soud like the most ridiculously fanboi thing I've ever said... But I actually don't see why people buy PS3's when they could get a 360 for less money. (Actually, people aren't buying PS3's, last month the fucking PS2 outsold the PS3 by 45,000 units) Xbox Live is about sixteen-hyperbolillian times better than any console online system out there, and the 360 has a plethora of genuinely fantastic games whereas the PS3 has.... erm.... Killzone 2 and God of War... Yeah that's about it.

I think you're kinda seeing it more out of a view that sees all your gaming needs catered to by what the 360 offers. Which is mainly the games you've listed there, and by comparison you compare it to only the games you like. I like Petz so therefore I have more use of the PS3 and it's rendering capability of a shaggy dog.

2 games? Seriously? There are loads of games out there that are awesome. Valkyria Chronicles, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, hell, Warhawk is still great fun. Littlebigplanet, MGS4, Resistance, Uncharted, etc.

I hope you're not counting any of the newer Halo games that are coming out as "genuinely fantastic". :p

Just butting in with that, feel free to explain how it's a gazillion times better though! ^^

I think you're kinda seeing it more out of a view that sees all your gaming needs catered to by what the 360 offers. Which is mainly the games you've listed there, and by comparison you compare it to only the games you like. I like Petz so therefore I have more use of the PS3 and it's rendering capability of a shaggy dog.

2 games? Seriously? There are loads of games out there that are awesome. Valkyria Chronicles, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, hell, Warhawk is still great fun. Littlebigplanet, MGS4, Resistance, Uncharted, etc.

I hope you're not counting any of the newer Halo games that are coming out as "genuinely fantastic". :p

Just butting in with that, feel free to explain how it's a gazillion times better though! ^^

I never understood why people though Resistance was any good. I thought it was boring. Valkyria Chronicles is a game i really want to play. I have heard nothing but good about it.

I initially wanted a PS3 when I was looking for a new system last month, but I could barely afford an xbox arcade unit (no hard drive dammit) let alone a ps3. It's a shame sony can't reduce the price, they would've kept me as a customer (never owned a microsoft system before, but i bought both previous playstations)

I never understood why people though Resistance was any good. I thought it was boring. Valkyria Chronicles is a game i really want to play. I have heard nothing but good about it.

Yeah, Valkyria Chronicles is amazing.

I thought Resistance was pretty great, as well as a good game being released when the console first came. Coming from the same company that made Ratchet and Clank, it had lots of different and strange weaponry.

Of course, with the massive amount of FPSes that exist now, you can never please everyone :)