Gaming Thread

What's funny is, my aunt (who I'd consider my "best friend" from the family) accidentally got me interested in RPGs when I was only seven years old. They had the old boxed set of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons sitting out on the table, and I saw the box and some "funny looking dice" next to it. I ended up flipping through the pages and my mind was blown. She's also the first person who ended up with a legitimate gaming console.

She didn't actually play Dungeons and Dragons or her own Atari that much either, so she wasn't into RPGs for the longest time. Fast foward many years later, and I'm over at her house playing Shining in the Darkness on my Genesis. She wouldn't stop watching me play it, so I asked her if she wanted to borrow the game and system, and from that point on she had played practically every console RPG that's been released in the US.

She also disliked FF13 quite a bit, and was talking to me recently about it; sounding like she was unsure if her opinion was justified. I got a good laugh from that.

so the one thing that worry's me about those videos is...

was it a random encounter? a Quest? or some bullshit peter peter molyneux-esque thing that the team set up to make it more epic than it will actually be?

first and second options are probably right but i have this gut feeling...

Mistmare was my personal cold shower. Sure, there were far worse games out there, but how a company can have such a cool premise, such a promising character system, and so much potential and then professionally wring the game's neck by making the controls so awful it was unplayable, that I don't get.

I didn't like that game because the graphics sucked.

08OldJoke.jpg

So Liver, or anyone else who actually plays fighting games; have you seen or heard of the "Hitbox" style controller?

If not: http://www.hitboxarcade.com/AboutHB.aspx

They are pretty backed up though, and probably won't even be able to fill the orders for the 360 version until January (they don't even have enough parts yet to make anything other than the one for PS3/PC). I just spent about half as much as what those cost for them to make for everything needed to convert a TE stick into one of them. :Smokin: