Gaming Thread

New Vegas had all of the mechanics of the game really polished to a shine. I wonder if there is a mod for F3 that changes all the systems to be NV style.

They possibly achieved that when they did the F3 and NC conversion mod. I am not sure though so I would have to look up the facts. How retarded is that? Last time i checked, Vegas and DC are very far apart -_-

Though all of his answers are not new, some of this information hasn't been previously confirmed:

-You can turn off your compass, cross-hair, or health, stamina, and magicka bars by adjusting the HUD opacity settings

-After picking flowers, they are removed visually from the plant

-No more speechcraft mini-game like OB. Speechcraft will now be more like Fallout 3

-Alchemy must be done at an alchemy lab or 'station' and can no longer be done on the fly while out in the game world like in Oblivion (Much more realistic if you ask me.)

-There is a decapitation perk that is part of the one-handed perk tree

-While playing, Pete's character was given a 'Choose Your Adventure' type book BY A CHILD in the game - so in addition to regular books, there are 'interactive' books in Skyrim

-He was asked if the player actually goes out into the woods to cut down trees, which we don't. It will be a station we go to like in the demo where you see the man moving the large log onto the cutting area. It's a designated station we use to cut wood, just like the stations for alchemy and forging. His exact words: 'No, it's almost like a "station", like you have for alchemy or the forge. You go use a woodpile.'

-You can have a weapon in your left hand and nothing in your right

-Right bumper is SHOUT, left bumper is SPRINT

-(Previously confirmed) You can only view your character in the game world, not in the menu

-(Previously confirmed) The random third person finishing moves can not be turned off

-(Previously confirmed) Midnight releases are definitely happening

Pete also cleared up that CVG article that stated 'Skyrim is considerably smaller than both Cyrodiil and Morrowind' by stating 'They're mistaken. If anything, it's bigger, certainly in terms of content.'

He also explained the need for the clairvoyance spell: Stating that it is a 'quest target,' and further explained that 'in the demo, the next step in the quest was to return to the quest giver, which would lead you from the dungeon.' There’s also a proper explanation by Todd Howard explaining that 'the spell creates a path to the current objective,' and that 'the reason for this spell is that the dungeons can sometimes get confusing.'

I knew the dungeons were hand crafted by level designers, but this points to them being much more elaborate than I first imagined!

Though we knew there would be 70+ voice actors in Skyrim, I wondered if the extra voice talent would only be for main characters, but Pete confirmed that there are 'mulitple' voice actors per race.

12172d1313256196-oblivion-vs-skyrim-oblivion_vs_skyrim-jpg

I don't know why they felt like they needed to go all "ultra realistic". There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old models.

well I bought magic 2012 on steam for cheap and have been playing it and Now i want to get back into magic, i played it when i was like 10 but wasn't really into it. I still have the cards, found them today in storage buried under boxes. got a few super old ones here from 93 i feel like if I go to play and whip these out i will be disqualified because nobody uses them anymore hahaha

if anyone else besides me and steven have magic 2012 hit me up steam name: CryptSOB

Are you fucking kidding me? The old ones all looked like they had down syndrome. This is a HUGE improvement with every single race, especially with the Argonians. I can't wait to be a dinosaur with swords, how fuckin badass is that.

Are you fucking kidding me? The old ones all looked like they had down syndrome. This is a HUGE improvement with every single race, especially with the Argonians. I can't wait to be a dinosaur with swords, how fuckin badass is that.
Gotta agree. It was 99.9% impossible to make a decent looking character in vanilla OB. I spent hours on mine just to get it to look decent.

same. i still resent my character and his ugly ass face despite taking forever on it.

all that info sounds pretty sweet, especially how much content there is/really deep dungeons. one of the things i've been remembering about morrowind is just how much i like the fact that the landscape and areas are actually unique. sure a lot of the dungeons are the same and the dwemer ruins get really bland after a while (same with the daedra ones) but overall the landscape has lots of areas where you feel a change in the terrain, can actually navigate without an objective marker etc. in oblivion i honestly can only remember like 3 areas of landscape that truly felt unique, the rest is just following markers and you get sucked out of the experience with that; i can't believe i was worried about going back to the morrowind system.

also any game is pretty cool where you can battle and kill a god. if morrowind were a modern game they probably wouldn't have you interact with vivec at all or you would be unable to do anything, but you actually feel on a similar level and can relate a bit, really feel like you've accomplished something when you finally meet him, hearing his voice acting for the dialogue is pretty cool (i think a mod added that in though from game files, not sure), and getting to kill him in a super long and intense battle and then the game to tell me i've doomed the world by killing a main character who claimed he could never be killed, causing me to yell at my computer FUCK YEAH WHO'S THE GOD NOW BITCH is pretty awesome. i've pretty much 100% forgot the morrowind main quest and so far its >>>>> oblivions (and hell i even liked the oblivion main quest a bit).

well I bought magic 2012 on steam for cheap and have been playing it and Now i want to get back into magic, i played it when i was like 10 but wasn't really into it. I still have the cards, found them today in storage buried under boxes. got a few super old ones here from 93 i feel like if I go to play and whip these out i will be disqualified because nobody uses them anymore hahaha

if anyone else besides me and steven have magic 2012 hit me up steam name: CryptSOB

Let me know what you have found in your box. I'm sure people still use the same type of card, just not as old. If you want to sort them out, I recommend using MTGStudio and then you can send me your .collection file and I can browse what you have.

You guys are so easy to unintentionally troll it seems. Look to the left. I had that up before posting. :lol: