Gaming Thread

Borderlands was $7 including all the DLC a few weeks ago. The game was definitely worth that price, though I still have to play the DLC because it seems I'm not high enough of a level to actually do anything. But maybe this is because I tried the DLC right after starting a 2nd playthrough so it leveled up accordingly.

copy pasta from my facebutt:

Playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Honestly, I'm loving it. What some people say are "sluggish" controls aren't sluggish at all. In fact, the start-up frames are quite fast. They are RIGID in that they don't have the buffer-ability that you have in other systems (e.g. GoW.) For some, this may be considered a fault. For me, I like games that require you to wait until the recovery frames have been executed in order to start up another action or combo. It's called precision. Some of us actually like games that require good execution. In fact, I think a high execution requirement is VERY fitting for the Castlevania franchise. Oh well, I suppose babies need their bottles. Have fun with your other games, mashers.

Bought it when it came out, didn't care one bit that it wasn't #23423423423243 of the sidescrolling Castlevanias and loved the hell out of it. I had also written enough info within the first week on the combo/damage system to have written a FAQ, but was too lazy so I just posted what I had in the Gamefaqs forum.

Best special in the game? Improved Guillotine.

Oh, and I know Alpha Protocol is supposed to be a really buggy ass game, but I keep hearing about how it still has a cool story and that your choices make a difference. I'd been considering picking it up for a long time waiting for it to go on sale, or possibly get it through other means (...), but you can't beat $2.00 for a legitimate copy.

Bought it when it came out, didn't care one bit that it wasn't #23423423423243 of the sidescrolling Castlevanias and loved the hell out of it. I had also written enough info within the first week on the combo/damage system to have written a FAQ, but was too lazy so I just posted what I had in the Gamefaqs forum.

Best special in the game? Improved Guillotine.

Oh, and I know Alpha Protocol is supposed to be a really buggy ass game, but I keep hearing about how it still has a cool story and that your choices make a difference. I'd been considering picking it up for a long time waiting for it to go on sale, or possibly get it through other means (...), but you can't beat $2.00 for a legitimate copy.

:kickass:

alpha protocol for $2? that's a fucking amazing deal. we've already had this debate, but i stand by the fact that alpha protocol (as flawed as it is) is a decently fun game with a lottt of innovation/new elements that actually work, and then drops the ball on the elements which are already established (like a functioning fucking camera and animations that don't make a crouching character look like elmer fudd or something creeping in a cartoon).

definitely worth $2 to experience such a deep system of cause/effects and something that is pretty unique in terms of story/setting. Steam has such amazing fucking deals, I'm waiting for Borderlands to go insanely cheap because I do want to try it out but don't want to throw any money down on it as I already have more than enough games I need to get through.

Yeah, I agree, AP was a totally solid game, although it felt rushed/unfinished like most Obsidian games. I played it through 2 or 3 times and still didn't experience every possible ending, so that says something I think.

so yesterday my friend and i were talking about the guiles theme goes with everything meme (he doesn't seem to fully understand it as he does it completely wrong) and it made me have an insane craving for street fighter. what is my best course of action in this? should i get an snes emulator or something? what game should i play? which is the best? i played one on my gameboy once but that was so long ago and there are so many street fighters that i want the best one that is still in the classic group, not a new one with updated graphics or anything; more shitty 2d, lots of awesome characters, original music, and horrible static in fight shouts of HADUKEN!!11

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix or Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

From the sound of it, he's going to be playing ultra casually. There's no reason to get 3rd Strike unless he's just going to be playing it with friends who are just as casual (or offline only).

SSF2T is probably the overall "best", followed by SSF4 AE when it's finally balanced. 3rd Strike is a favorite by many, but once you actually start playing against really good players, it's nothing but Ken, Chun Li, Makoto, Dudley and Yun. At tournaments it's almost always Chun/Chun or Chun/Ken.

If you're only interested in playing the computer and want it for the animation, 3rd Strike would be just as good though.

yeah i'm only interested in playing the computer, i'm not a huge fighting game nut i just want to play as the characters, beat some shit up, relive old memories and yell at my computer when i win or lose about how cheap it is/how awesome i am. also i've been inspired to make a straight up metal/rock cover of guiles theme FOR AMERICA. my previous deus ex song was weird as fuck but this is just going to be awesome and heavy and in video form. everyones already done it but i don't care, i'll take any reason to make a mockingly patriotic video of an awesome song haha

Can't find it now, but around five years ago I listened to a Street Fighter OST where everything was a metal remix by (I think) a Japanese guitarist who had worked for Capcom at some point. There's a bunch of random remixes on Youtube, but from what I remember that CD had the best so far.

Also, until HD Remix came along, the 3DO version of SSF2T had the best soundtrack by far. I actually bought that piece of shit system ($499) just for this single game. It was the only one that was any good for it too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAFRTk3WvR4&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-yDC3BAfs&feature=related[/ame]

This is what it actually sounded like in game. Back in the day, nothing else sounded this good on a console. It's too bad the uploader uploaded tracks that are skipping like mad though.

started playing ESIII: Tribunal since I never did in the past, and damn its really fucking cool. all the merchants have more money, the setting is really damn cool and i'm not even close to exploring it all, new creatures, just all around making it feel totally new again.

also i can't believe i totally spaced out, the lonesome road came out and i didn't hear about it at all. have any of you played it? i hear its mediocre, is it better/worse than old world blues?

So you see why we say Morrowind is so much better than Oblivion. Bloodmoon is my favorite part of the entire game. You can turn into a FUCKING WEREWOLF...how cool is that? Fuck vampires, I wanna be a werewolf!

So you see why we say Morrowind is so much better than Oblivion. Bloodmoon is my favorite part of the entire game. You can turn into a FUCKING WEREWOLF...how cool is that? Fuck vampires, I wanna be a werewolf!

Yeah I've always liked Morrowind better than Oblivion, just I consider Oblivion almost as good as Morrowind where most people here think it's awful shit haha. One thing that really struck me was the architecture, in Tribunal the palace is so detailed and unique, and even on the mainland Vvardenfell each city has its own vibe and feeling with unique buildings. I loved Oblivion but it felt like each area was the same except for some tree/grass changes (and one snowy region) and all the towns were pretty similar with the same style buildings and only a few of them being truly unique looking (Bravil comes to mind). In Morrowind EVERY town has its own vibe; they all share the sort of stone building look, but the difference between Bruma and Ald-ruhn is insane and the only 2 cities I can think of that really share the same architecture is Maar Gan and Vivec (with the big tower buildings, but it's to be expected some cities would have the same style especially since Maar Gaan is a temple outpost and Vivec is a temple city).

tl;dr I like Morrowind better for one reason due to the difference in architecture/map. In Oblivion you have very similar towns and just all different grass/forest lands with one snowy region, yet in Morrowind you have almost all towns totally different with a feeling that goes with where they're situated and tonss of different regions like the Ashlands, Grazelands, Ascadian Isles etc which are completely different looking/feeling.

Team
Team-Edward.jpg.png