Gaming Thread

I forgot to ask if anyone playing Deus Ex Human Revolution got the Megadeth message on the computer. On the Steam copy you get an achievement called Hangar 18, which is what the message is about.

I almost shat myself when I clicked on the computer monitor and the login name was MSTAINE. I thought that was pretty cool.

For those that care, Resident Evil: Revival Selection was just released in Japan, and it's assumed that it will also be released here soon as well (I can't find any real confirmation though). It's basically another HD "update" to already existing games. Code Veronica and RE4 are the two titles in this package. I wish they would get around to remaking RE2 though. That was easily my favorite, and originally Capcom was planning on doing the first three, but all they did was ReMake and then dropped the project just because Devil May Cry sold more. :loco:

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus pack was released in Japan as well, so it shouldn't be too much longer until we get it.

I forgot to ask if anyone playing Deus Ex Human Revolution got the Megadeth message on the computer. On the Steam copy you get an achievement called Hangar 18, which is what the message is about.

I almost shat myself when I clicked on the computer monitor and the login name was MSTAINE. I thought that was pretty cool.

yup. i lol'd my ass off at that, especially the contents being basically the lyrics to hangar 18 and all the other aspects. its funny, on the deus ex board most people didn't get it and thought it had something to do with the actual game and they got into a debate about it, and then i showed them what it really was and lol'd because some of the game designers are into metal and it makes pretty perfect sense.

From the sound of it, he's going to be playing ultra casually. There's no reason to get 3rd Strike unless he's just going to be playing it with friends who are just as casual (or offline only).

SSF2T is probably the overall "best", followed by SSF4 AE when it's finally balanced. 3rd Strike is a favorite by many, but once you actually start playing against really good players, it's nothing but Ken, Chun Li, Makoto, Dudley and Yun. At tournaments it's almost always Chun/Chun or Chun/Ken.

If you're only interested in playing the computer and want it for the animation, 3rd Strike would be just as good though.

I don't know about HD Remix's AI, but in the arcades the AI for SSF2T was absolutely unbeatable! :lol: As far as just having fun with other people though, if you're going to take it super casually it is the way to go. SSF4AE is also a pretty good bet for casual play as its system is fairly simple. 3s is a very involved game and it takes quite a long time to grasp the mechanics. Either way, all of these games have their complexities and if you're just going to fuck around and have fun with it, I say pick the one that sticks out at you. :kickass: I have to say though, 3s is my favorite game of all time and has drug me around the US more than anything else in this world.

On another note, if you ever need any help with fighting games, I'm pretty sure sdraw and myself can go as simple or as detailed as need be in order to help you out with some fundamentals or even down to frame data :lol: In fact, I don't think there's a single move in third strike that I can't tell you its startup, active, and recovery frames... and how much hit or blockstun it leaves you in [/single4life]

Team
Team-Edward.jpg.png

Yes!

I can't play it yet because steam ran out of keys :(

Too bad! I am really enjoying it, but I'm not a big-time PC gamer and even less so RTS, so maybe I'm not the best person to judge.

I wanted to share this brilliant vista with you, that New Vegas players will recognize as the first sight of the Divide, in the Lonescome Road DLC.

INSERTGIANTPICTUREHERE

how is the lonesome road? no spoilers plz but I heard it wasn't as good as Old World Blues and while it gave closure just overall you didn't care that much so it was the same old new enemies/new guns/some new stuff. what score would you give it? I'm not going to get it for a while since I still have Tribunal and Bloodmoon which i have to finish but should I be pumped to play it or not really care?

I always thought the name of the game was dumb. "Oooh, let's drop the L since we never pronounce them anyway!". I rearry rike ristening to Heavy Metar!

Last edited by a moderator: