Gaming Thread

I always thought the name of the game was dumb. "Oooh, let's drop the L since we never pronounce them anyway!". I rearry rike ristening to Heavy Metar!

wambulance.jpg

Started a game of Digital Devil Saga today. It's fun so far, but I'm only at the beginning. MAJOR gripe however, is that the gamelocks up whenever you switch characters in the Mantra or Status menus. It's no real biggie, because I can just access each character's status menu individually, but tapping L1 or R1 to switch characters in menus is something you often do without thinking, and if it's been a while since you saved... :/

Kevin is one of the few reviewers at Gamespot that I even like anymore, but he lays on the hyperbole a bit thick; but still worth checking out.
For some reason, it reminds me of something Enemy would probably write too.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dar...ew-in-progress-dark-souls?tag=topslot;title;4

And what a world this is; I am 80 hours in and still pushing ahead. Slowly. It's a treat to defeat a boss and encounter a new area, as well as the new creatures within it. Dark Souls is much, much larger and even more atmospheric than Demon's Souls. You explore a fortress filled with deadly traps and long-necked lizardmen; a valley infested with lightning-spewing drakes; a castle guarded by towering dark knights; and other incredible-looking regions. The creatures that murder you repeatedly are some of the most fabulous ever devised. You've seen rats before--but Dark Souls' rats? The glowing gashes infecting their skin make them more grotesque than garden-variety rats. Shambling undead, flame-spewing bugs, and giant trolls that roll boulders at you are just some of the standard enemies. But the bosses are something special.

Started a game of Digital Devil Saga today. It's fun so far, but I'm only at the beginning. MAJOR gripe however, is that the gamelocks up whenever you switch characters in the Mantra or Status menus. It's no real biggie, because I can just access each character's status menu individually, but tapping L1 or R1 to switch characters in menus is something you often do without thinking, and if it's been a while since you saved... :/

You never will play Persona 4 will you? Shame shame

You never will play Persona 4 will you? Shame shame
Yes I will. I just can't play every game at once and still need to finish P3. And I haven't finished it yet because I needed a break from it after 75 hours of gameplay :)

Does anyone know if there's any reason, any reason at all, to revert to Human form in Digital Devil Saga? Because it seems right now, in Demon form your stats increase and you have access to all your skills, while in human for you only have "Handgun". Boo.

I finally finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Goddamn that game was a long one. The ending really caught me offguard though...

so as some of you may or may not know, I'm a cyberpunk addict (thus my love of all the deus ex games, with the original being amazing, hr being great and iw being ok) in all forms and since the success of human revolution i had been seriously hoping for more futuristic/sci fi/cyberpunk games to come out. well it seems my hopes have come true, this game has obviously been in development for a long time, but they just revealed it and HOLY FUCKING SHIT does it look cool. so fucking pumped it's coming to pc, i can't wait to get my hands on it. i haven't played the game its based off of (a pc rts i think from the 90s) but if this ends up anywhere near as good as it looks (without the gay ass skrillex music) then i'll be in fucking love. between this, human revolution dlc, prey 2, eye and hopefully more, cyberpunk might actually really break into gaming finally.

tl;dr watch this trailer, it looks fucking amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not. I probably wouldn't like it considering that I don't like that many old games (only the really really amazing ones) but if it's cyberpunk maybe. I'll look it up.

It's kinda crazy, but Syndicate is officially in my most anticipated list. I know it's just a trailer, but I think I read it's being made by the guys who did the riddick game (which i didn't play, but heard was amazing/unique) and the shooting looks great, there seems to be a lot of innovative things to work with, the graphics are slick, the visual style is unique as hell, and the story/world concept is exactly what gets me wet (if i had a vagina). I'm going to be upgrading when the new graphics cards come out and hopefully that's in time for this because max settings on this? fuck yeah. my top list as of now would be:

1. Skyrim
2. Rage
3. Syndicate
4. Prey 2
5. Mass Effect 3
6. Battlefield 3
7. Max Payne 3
8. La Noire (finally coming to pc, heard great things)

I have now played The Old Republic beta for a couple hours and I can say that I am pleased. I never played WOW, so I can't respond to the "WOW clone" accusations, but I found it pretty entertaining. It feels like a KOTOR game, despite the changed visuals. I was glad to learn that you can choose a variety of body types, so your jedi/sith doesnt have to have the ridiculous physique of an Austrian body builder.

It's definitely more personally involved than most MMO's, and therein lies my one problem. It doesn't really make sense as an MMO, it feels like an RPG that just happens to have a bunch of other people around. But then again, i havent done any PVP, and that will be the real test of things.

I'd like you to meet Darth Contagia
darthcontagia.png

Remember Max....we decided a few years ago to join forces?

Anyway, "The Binding of Isaac". Fucking awesome!

You liked Super Meat Boy? You liked Legend of Zelda? DO YOU LIKE BOOBS AND OTHER FEMALE RELATED THINGS!!!!

play this game...it is great.

pooping.jpg