Gaming Thread

Yeah, god forbid they add something new, not just new to the series, but something that's not been around in every other recycled game.

Sorry, I'm just not really seeing how putting something that sure, can be found in other games as well, but is otherwise pretty unused is that huge of a deal. That it makes you "gag" over such a small addition is just kinda laughable and only makes you sound like you're sperging out over details and making up rationalisations about it as well.

"oh noes they're adding grenades like the first game had but since the second one didn't i'm going to assume they're adding them for the sole reason that other braindead shooters have them with as well!"

I have no trouble with it as it shouldn't really break the style of gameplay that we're used to by now, and it's been a part of ME before.

also i'd probably see a doctor about that gagging since I know I'd have trouble playing games with shit like that going on

kasumiiiii
rnBBQ.gif

But you can't deny the Ho Yay between Akihiko and Shinjiro is extremely present!

Also, it's an old joke, but it really does sound like:

I Phase Out
I Hold Out
I Bitch Out To the Truth
All My Life Census
All The Homo Men to Now Break Awayyyy
All the Lesbians
Can You Let Me Out
Can You Set Me Free From This Duck In The World Say
Wiener Lost Between A Soul

:lol:

Man, I always thought she was saying "I'm a lesbian! I'm a lesbian!"

"oh noes they're adding grenades like the first game had but since the second one didn't i'm going to assume they're adding them for the sole reason that other braindead shooters have them with as well!"

Do you even read before posting? Me getting upset that grenades are returning (when we've known from the beginning that they would be), is about as stupid as being upset that the game also has you shooting guns. Grenades were not a power, they were going to be similar to the hockey discs in the first, but work like actual grenades, and there was only going to be a handful of different types, similar to the KOTOR games. In conjunction to that, each class was going to have not only new evolutions of preexisting powers, they would also be getting 1-2 new class defining powers. In the end, they took the uninspired, hands up in the air way out and just gave everyone a fucking grenade and called it a power because they were having "technical issues" getting their original ideas to work in a good way.

Do you even read before posting? Me getting upset that grenades are returning (when we've known from the beginning that they would be), is about as stupid as being upset that the game also has you shooting guns. Grenades were not a power, they were going to be similar to the hockey discs in the first, but work like actual grenades, and there was only going to be a handful of different types, similar to the KOTOR games. In conjunction to that, each class was going to have not only new evolutions of preexisting powers, they would also be getting 1-2 new class defining powers. In the end, they took the uninspired, hands up in the air way out and just gave everyone a fucking grenade and called it a power because they were having "technical issues" getting their original ideas to work in a good way.

good thing you made that clear in your original post instead of just spouting out how different types of grenades make you gag without giving any context to what your newfound edit just stated. A nicely placed "instead" perhaps? :)

also link me to this stuff saying that there won't be any new powers

good thing you made that clear in your original post instead of just spouting out how different types of grenades make you gag without giving any context to what your newfound edit just stated. A nicely placed "instead" perhaps? :)

Wow man. I thought, maybe you might have a point and that I didn't elaborate enough, but I just reread what I wrote twice, and enough information is written that the average person would be able to understand the "instead" part without me actually having to have written the word. If you really want, I can simply underline and bold everything that emphasizes the exchange. I'm not trying to be a dick about it either.

And it's not a matter of no new powers, because the Vanguard is getting Nova (it eats your shields and does a 360 push type of effect) and the Engineer is getting a no damaging turret "gun" that's another decoy. The other powers that they had been working on are now just grenades, and there's a new "skill", if that's what you want to call it that most are getting that raises health, damage reduction and melee damage.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8213000/1

The game comes out in less than two months, and it needs to go gold four weeks before release, so it's pretty much done and simply being polished and bug tested right now.
Some positive changes at least are that there's no more mineral scanning, and they've replaced it with some kind of rescue missions where you pick up minerals similarly to how you did in the first game, and biotic powers no longer suck ass on Insanity. Most of the biotic crowd control abilities remain useful through all difficulty levels, and there's also an evolution that lets throw/pull work against armored enemies to at least to a greater extent than what they did in ME2. Cryo Blast (no idea about Cryo ammo) will also be a pretty neat form of CC over what it currently already was. Now when you shatter something that's frozen, the shards have a chance to hit and freeze any enemy that comes in contact with it for a chain reaction effect.

And it's not a matter of no new powers, because the Vanguard is getting Nova (it eats your shields and does a 360 push type of effect) and the Engineer is getting a no damaging turret "gun" that's another decoy. The other powers that they had been working on are now just grenades, and there's a new "skill", if that's what you want to call it that most are getting that raises health, damage reduction and melee damage.

So, what's the gag-inducing problem then? When it comes down to it, you're not complaining about that it's being grenades being added, or that they're added as powers (which is interesting given the synergy with each class). It just appears that the concept isn't good enough for you.

Well, I just read something that's almost gag inducing. Bioware has been finishing up on the new powers and some of the more decent sounding ones they couldn't get to work properly, so they decided to go the boring, mainstream, braindead monkey route.

If they can't get other things and ideas in there that WOULD, unlike these grenades, probably break the gameplay beyond recognition, then they can't nor should. I'd rather have a working synergy between everything than overpowered everything, and I see the balance as a good thing instead of feeling entitled to extra skills or complaining that it's not good enough. Hell, I wouldn't be bothered with no new skills since the last game, as long as there's new content.

The only thing that will ruin this game for you is you dooming it before even playing and gagging about it. Right now you're just sounding as spoiled as the general crowd of self-entitled "gamers" that will never be content of the amount of content they get.

You said this about the Persona 4 Fighter and there is little detail about it at all.

The only Japanese I could understand in the video was "We really liked Guilty Gear and Naruto so much that we ripped off everything we could".

As Karmic said, "The only thing that will ruin this game for you is you dooming it before even playing and gagging about it. Right now you're just sounding as spoiled as the general crowd of self-entitled "gamers" that will never be content of the amount of content they get."

Sdrawkcabgniklat that is all you do here about damn near everything that is posted here. Karmic couldn't of said it any better. Honestly, no one cares that you are not ever satisfied. If you want to whine about it, go somewhere else like the G4TV Forums.

So, what's the gag-inducing problem then? When it comes down to it, you're not complaining about that it's being grenades being added, or that they're added as powers (which is interesting given the synergy with each class). It just appears that the concept isn't good enough for you.

That's because the concept is extremely lazy compared to how everything else has progressed from the first and second games. Considering the six or eight months that they held the game back to make it better than it was, you would think that someone would have been able to come up with something more interesting and "non gamebreaking" than this.

If they can't get other things and ideas in there that WOULD, unlike these grenades, probably break the gameplay beyond recognition, then they can't nor should. I'd rather have a working synergy between everything than overpowered everything, and I see the balance as a good thing instead of feeling entitled to extra skills or complaining that it's not good enough. Hell, I wouldn't be bothered with no new skills since the last game, as long as there's new content.

I agree completely with this. It's just the fact that it seems like brainstorming new ideas for classes--that they could get to work on a technical level--was an afterthought though compared to everything else.

The only thing that will ruin this game for you is you dooming it before even playing and gagging about it. Right now you're just sounding as spoiled as the general crowd of self-entitled "gamers" that will never be content of the amount of content they get.

The game isn't going to be ruined for me; I just have a way of emphasizing things that I don't like without commenting much on much of what I do enjoy(which is the large majority). There's been very few games that I've bought over the last couple of years that I've been completely dissatisfied with. Skyrim was probably the largest, but that was because I was assuming Bethesda was actually going to have learned from their past mistakes and I put some unreasonable trust in their ability. That was my bad, although I'll completely admit that I overdid the complaining on it.

You said this about the Persona 4 Fighter and there is little detail about it at all.

Dry humor doesn't translate very well over the internet.

so i was watching the 3 star wars prequel movies today because i figured i should give them another chance (and they still suck, but oh well) and i just realized that in tor they do use a lot of music from the movies... THE PREQUELS. seriously bioware, c'mon. i can't imagine star wars fans who want to hear music from the prequels as opposed to the classics, and i assume its all done by john williams so its not like it could cost more to use the original trilogy music in spots. i've only heard one song from the original trilogy so far that i recognized, and yet the song when you leave the imperial fleet is from the battle with maul in ep 1, one of the battle songs is from the chase in ep 2 etc (i'm not very familiar with the prequels but it seems like a lot of the music is being taken from there).

it baffles me how awful the prequels are, i mean how could they go from masterpieces to horribly acted utter shit? i get that george lucas did most of the stuff and tainted it with extreme suck whereas the other movies he was more restricted and couldn't blow all over it, but the difference between the acting in any of the originals and episode 2 with anakin being a major bitch and the queen being a stoic robot yet again just baffles me.

i'm watching the 2nd one right now and i can't fathom how lucas could've looked back on those horrible, stale, boring, painfully awkward love sequences where they're having the most uncomfortable and unnatural conversations i've ever heard in ridiculously cheesy locales and thought MAN THIS IS DEEP SHIT. there's no way to justify him saying I DON'T LIKE SAND, ITS COARSE, NOT LIKE YOU, YOU'RE EVERYTHING THAT'S SOFT as they stand in formal wear on a balcony overlooking the oceans for no apparent reason while in the middle of political turmoil (guess when you're hiding out all your problems disappear).

i feel bad for ewan mcgregor who is actually a real actor, considering the fact that a lot of his scenes were probably him in a green room talking to himself. i imagine its hard to get into the scene and feeling when you're talking to yourself in a blank room and trying to imagine what you should be feeling.

They honestly wouldn't have been THAT bad if it wasn't for whoever that abysmal actor was playing Anakin.

He's actually not anyone great, but he's quite a bit better than what you see in the prequels. It's just that Lucas doesn't allow actors to act, which was the largest problem with the prequels, where special effects were about 75% - 85% of what was focused on. Aside from the Gungans (Or Goongas depending on how Lucas wants to pronounce them any given day), especially Jar Jar anyway and the dumb Disney Kid saves the day sequences.

There's a reason Empire is the majority favorite, and it's not just because of the script.

As for prequel music being in TOR, I don't understand the issue. It's John Williams either way, and his music is always top notch. Unless you're just talking about nostalgia/nerd factor. Imperial March is probably the only one I could see that needed to be in the game somewhere, but I don't know if it would fit the game's current timeline.

i feel bad for ewan mcgregor who is actually a real actor, considering the fact that a lot of his scenes were probably him in a green room talking to himself. i imagine its hard to get into the scene and feeling when you're talking to yourself in a blank room and trying to imagine what you should be feeling.

There were a lot of "real" actors in the movie that were not allowed to act...or ended up overacting. He definitely was not the only one. That scene on the balcony probably was the most awkwardly out of place scene in recent history though. It was almost like a ten year old trying to write their first sonnet on the fly.

Diablo 3 beta is pretty damn cool. If you liked the other Diablo games, you'll love this. It has changed a few things, but it still has that old Diablo feel to it. They haven't really changed anything big at all besides graphics and such. Even Dehkahd Khaaayyyn is the same.