Gaming Thread

102sg40.jpg

Now that I know you're LRD, I don't like you.

Anyway, I rented "Bully" a week ago, and it's been sitting there, untouched. I liked Red Dead mostly for the setting and story, I don't care much for games with no RPG elements in them. Dead Winter (can never remember your name, sorry), you convinced me to play Red Dead. Is this one worth it?

Blockbuster and their $15 a month unlimited game rental thing sounds good in theory, but not when they only have two walls of games (per console) and half of them are fucking FPS.

I was member in the past but I have no clue who LRD is....

Like me or not... do not care.

Finally, a good game. I bought Nier for 360 (It's also on PS3)

The soundtrack is godly, the presentation is great, the story is great. It feels like Zelda+The Witcher 2+Japanese RPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I built this from the ground up.

Asus Rampage Extreme III mobo

8 GB DDR3 RAM (can overclock it to 2400MHz)

2x ATi Radeon 5850 1GBDDR5 (crossfire)

Intel i7 quad 3.07GHz (standard overclock without ROG is 3.7GHz you can get it to 4.2GHz).

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

1TB HDD, standard disk drive and added blue neon lights for 2 of the fans.

The processor is also water-cooled.

USB 3.0

I also installed bluetooth.

169882_1685935421727_1037887476_1885691_504633_o1.jpg

2011-04-10_00-35-59_516.jpg

old picture, there is more RAM in it now

water.jpg

The i5 is not bad. It is a step up from the i3 because it has the CPU Boost function. Now the i7 has HT Technology, which prevails over the i5 and it is a huge difference.

With your set-up, you shouldn't have an issue playing The Witcher 2 on max settings. If you want to put your computer to the test with uber-sampling, give it a shot.

I'm not much of a FPS guy. Gaming is a part of my life and for me to narrow even a few favorite games is damn near impossible. :(

The i5 is not bad. It is a step up from the i3 because it has the CPU Boost function. Now the i7 has HT Technology, which prevails over the i5 and it is a huge difference.

Most games do not get any kind of performance increase with hyper threading, unless they were very poorly optimized to begin with. The difference isn't noticeable at all except for in a super small selection of games. If you can afford it, there's no reason not to get it, but it isn't something needed right now by any means. It's more useful for your OS and regular applications than it is gaming right now.

You just automatically assume I'm talking specifically about video games and not my all-around computer performance. Also :lol: at thinking I need to rant and to justify about one of my purchases. ;)

Sdrawkcabgniklat, nice edit. Check yourself before you wreck yourself sir

picard-facepalm.jpg

You just automatically assume I'm talking specifically about video games and not my all-around computer performance. Also :lol: at thinking I need to rant and to justify about one of my purchases. ;)

Sdrawkcabgniklat, nice edit. Check yourself before you wreck yourself sir

I wasn't in the mood to hear a bunch of nonsense shit-talking, that's all. And yeah, I did initially assume that you were talking about gaming, since it's a) the gaming thread and b) talking about a PC for gaming.

Who knows, maybe that's just some wierd alien logic.

Changing the subject; if anyone is planning on playing Diablo 3 within the next few days and they don't have this patched by then, be wary. There's a game-breaking bug that will cause you to disconnect from Battle.net and you end up permanently unable to log on.

If you're using the Templar follower, do not give him any shield that you currently have equipped. You can give him anything in your inventory, but just do not swap what you have on with him. Not sure how many people would actually do this, but it's possible that you found something better and decided to equip the follower prior to putting on your new gear.

So has ANYONE bought a vita yet? I know Steve has (get up those wipeout track times son, I'm gonna blow you away with A+ class, QIREX FO LIFE, BITCHES) The console itself has so much potential. I don't know what it's going to take to get it to fly off of the shelves, though. People have created the argument that the tablet/smartphone market eat into the Vita sales but trends show otherwise and so does the general attitude towards the Vita as a hardcore gaming device first and foremost. I hope Sony can keep it from being hacked like the PSP, though. Yeah, it was awesome to have emulators and everything on it but it also killed sales on regular games and developers started saying "fuck it" because they couldn't make sales due to pirating. Here's hoping it has a long lifespan. I love this little fucker.

Id probably love a vita, but theres just so much guitar stuff Id rather have. Havent played any games in quite a while now anyway, though I do want to get Rayman Origins. Maybe that will get me started again...?