Gaming Thread

Now that I've had time to sober up and read about Elder Scrolls online...

The lead director has been a fan since Arena. That's great. He intends to stay true to lore. I also like that there isn't really a "tank" class per se, very good.

Only a few things that really bother me about this...

1.The Ebonheart Pact will be direly overpopulated. If you keep track of any polls, the most popular races are always Dunmer, Argonian, and Nord, in that order. There will be a massive imbalance in faction population, this is a fact.

2.Art style changes with every installment, it's really too bad we will have to see Summer Set Isles and Valenwood etc all through the perspectives of the same art team. I know some of the Bethesda team has input on this, but damn, it's really going to kill the mystery of Tamriel.

3.Art style looks a lot like Everquest 2. Not as cartoony as World of Warcraft, but a huge contrast to the other games. Such a shame.

4.Morrowind was Michael Kirkbrides vision, and Vivec was his in game avatar. Now that we actually get to see what Morrowind will look like (aside from Vvardenfell), it's a shame it will be the vision of people that aren't it's original creator.

At least we have Dawnguard DLC being announced at E3. But judging by the yellow eyes of the reveal picture, I fear it may have something to do with werewolves. Fuck werewolves. We already had an entire faction dedicated to them. Fuck the werewolf perk tree, also. I swear, if that's what the DLC is I'm going to rage so hard.

That also makes me think it's going to be ANOTHER Solstheim DLC, which would also piss me off. Idiot fanbase seems to want it. It doesn't make sense for Dragonborn to go to another province that isn't a Daedric Realm, since he's the hero of Skyrim, which pretty much leaves Solstheim. And Hircine. AGAIN.

Do you think that Diablo 3 will have a track that comes anywhere close to being a classic like this? Most of the music was written by someone else, but they did end up getting Matt Uelmen to do 90 minutes or so worth of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
2uqoknr.jpg

An ancient evil has been defeated years ago, by a different hero.

Now that I know you're LRD, I don't like you.

Anyway, I rented "Bully" a week ago, and it's been sitting there, untouched. I liked Red Dead mostly for the setting and story, I don't care much for games with no RPG elements in them. Dead Winter (can never remember your name, sorry), you convinced me to play Red Dead. Is this one worth it?

Blockbuster and their $15 a month unlimited game rental thing sounds good in theory, but not when they only have two walls of games (per console) and half of them are fucking FPS.