Gaming Thread

Well, those puzzles in TR furthered the story of the game, similar to Indiana Jones. There are some games where there are puzzles just for the sake of putting puzzles in there and that's annoying.

What??? Details!

http://www.videogamer.com/news/newl...studios_looking_to_bring_back_classic_ip.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/22/black-isle-studios-is-back/

Does it really matter though if it's in name only? Most of them work at Obsidian.

“Doesn’t involve Obsidian at all,” Black Isle veteran Chris Avellone told Eurogamer. “No idea what it’s about. I wasn’t aware anything beyond the name was left at Interplay.”

I'm sure it's not, but if we give into our cynicism all we are are whiny faggots, constantly bitching about how there are no more good developers anymore. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I'm sure it's not, but if we give into our cynicism all we are are whiny faggots, constantly bitching about how there are no more good developers anymore. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Yeah, sure. The thing is though, it's not going to be "Black Isle". It's going to be some other team that is using the name for advertising based off of the real Black Isle's past history. If they turn out to be some talented group that end up producing something great, then more power to them and us. This just smacks of milking a name though and hoping most people won't notice who's actually behind the curtain.

No, ranting about how it's gonna be complete shit before seeing any evidence makes you a whiny faggot. Being skeptical makes you intelligent. Sadly, many gamers practice the former instead of the latter. I'm just saying let's not fall into the trap of being whiny faggots, not that anyone is being a whiny faggot yet.

2z5kwuu.jpg

A Zelda game. Where Link is very old. You relearn your forgotten sword techniques as game goes on. Theme of game is this Link is on his last major quest before he dies of old age. So he looks about 50-65.

You can mix around what's in Link's hands like Bioshock or Skyrim.

You also fight an old ass Ganondorf/Gannon at the end.

This link knows magic similar to Zelda II Link.

Zeldas an old bitch, too.

Now the first two Shin Megami Tensei main games were on the SNES or something, they were very dark and fucked up. Remember before Atlus went all weeaboo Persona 2 even had Hitler.

I think Nocturne is the third game in the main series. We know it as the best JRPG of all time. This is not up for debate.

Behold, a game that is sure to be morbid and a JRPG fans dream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynm0dZ5mcTY&feature=youtu.be

Hope that will be on the PS3. Know what the best RPGs on the PS2 were for anyone who doesn't treat the Persona games as a religion? Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest 8. Know how long we've been waiting for them to do a similar game on the current big consoles instead of just handhelds?

Video with actual gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Behold, a game that is sure to be morbid and a JRPG fans dream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynm0dZ5mcTY&feature=youtu.be
I hate trailers with no gameplay footage.

What I think about Dark Souls on PC:

I hate to do this, since it means admitting I've blown €40 on a piece of crap, and know this game has been eagerly anticipated on PC, but it's one of the worst, most scandalously lazy console ports I've ever seen. The resolution is TERRIBLE, and the button scheme is laughably complicated, even with an Xbox-compatible controller. Using keyboard+mouse is completely out of the question. Worst of all, your character moves like a walrus with congenital brain damage: sluggishly, with frustratingly poor response times, and drooling like an idiot. Stay away from this game.

And to add insult to injury, it comes with fukken Games For Windows Live, which makes the game unplayable if you have anything resembling an antivirus programme or a firewall, something you have to figure out for yourself since GFWL only offers the helpful error message: "Cannot download the update". Prepare spending some time pulling your hair out over that. In the old days, when you bought a game that didn't work, AT LEAST YOU HAD A MOTHERFUCKING €50 COASTER!