Gaming Thread

Anyone playing Guild Wars 2? I've heard it's great and I've heard it's not so great.

Been playing it since release, all I can really say about that is that the not so great stuff comes from people who try and play it like other MMO's and expect it to be built the same way. The "endgame" per se is the exploration in the whole game, and while there's stuff to do everywhere before and after getting to max level (which is not as important as in another game), there still is shitloads to do. I know I'm far from done in doing alot of the stuff in game, yet I still can pretentiously snicker at the people that rushed to level 80 hoping for ENDGAME content not realizing that they can do whatever wherever and it's still a challenge.

In short, I'm loving it <3

Playing Zero in BL2. Bloodshed is such a ridiculous talent tree and Many Must Die is a ridiculous capstone talent. Ugh, this game is good. I think I'll go ahead and get the season pass.

Installing TL2 right now. Apparently it's everything Diablo 3 should have been; although I can't really say that the cartoony style would be for everyone.

I got to play Guild Wars 2 for awhile. I loved all the innovative ideas they have going on, and love how it deviates from the WoW formula.

But I just can't get into a game with races like that. Can't stand beast people in any game. (I wish Elder Scrolls lore would genocide the Khajit). And I'd rather have a generic Elf than a generic "Dryad" tree person. It seems like a petty complaint, but races are what makes or breaks an MMO for me.

Playing Zero in BL2. Bloodshed is such a ridiculous talent tree and Many Must Die is a ridiculous capstone talent. Ugh, this game is good. I think I'll go ahead and get the season pass.

Fuck it. Installing BL2 now. I played TL2 for about eight hours, but it's pretty much the same as the first with bigger environments and multiplayer. You might have more "choice" in that compared to the first or even D3, but most of the choices don't amount to anything when one skill clearly beats everything else.

Even though I'm not so hot for FPS games, the art style, characters and monter types/bosses in BL2 should more than make up for it for me for a while.
Not sure what class I want to play as though. Looking at the skill trees now. Zero looks fun, but does the Bloodshed tree even work very well if you're not playing with other people? Specifically backstab; or does deception cover it well enough?

I range between outright rage at the (intentionally frustrating) boss fights, to immense sadness at an upcoming part involving Mordecai, to raucous joy at the humor in the game. They did it well.

Probably. I haven't bothered going co-op just yet, because I want to experience my first playthrough at my own pace. I will probably do it after I've finished if I have not reached the level cap yet, as well as when trying out the other three classes. The writing in the game is just superb. Just don't expect some great story though. The story is spread too thin to really suck you in. The dialogue is where it's at, and there's a ton of it. I seriously have not laughed so hard at entertainment in a long time. It IS a FPS though make no mistake. Unlike CoD though, the world and it's inhabitants are worth seeing, and the classes are "kind of" like the way the classes in ME2 were setup.

Actually though, the game is more like HL2 with a lot of Fallout (minus the story).

So wait, Borderlands is worth playing if I can't go online with it?

I was under the impression it was Call of Duty the RPG.

Borderlands 2 is like 50-something hours long. It's absolutely hilarious and worth it just for the laughs. I was bent over my keyboard last night, drooling on my desk from laughing so hard at Handsome Jack.

ARGH! GODDAMN FUCKING STEAM!

Steve and I were playing BL2 tonight, did some damage, kicked a lot of ass for about 4 hours or so, and then he bailed. I continued on for about another hour, then Steam crashed. Then I get the Steam Cloud message asking whether I wanted to upload local files or the Steam Cloud files...naturally I chose local...AND IT SENT ME BACK NEARLY 4 FUCKING LEVELS, LOST ALL MY GEAR, ALL MY SHIT.

GODDAMN YOU STEAM.

As a side note, I only noticed the Badass bonus points around level 12, HAHA! I was wondering why my damage was so abysmal.

I get the Steam Cloud message asking whether I wanted to upload local files or the Steam Cloud files...naturally I chose local...AND IT SENT ME BACK NEARLY 4 FUCKING LEVELS, LOST ALL MY GEAR, ALL MY SHIT.
Unless you're planning on playing on different computers (most of us use only one, after all), turn off Steam Cloud. There's no reason to turn it on unless you go back and forth between machines.

Fucking amazing piece of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne art

nocturne.png

... though it grieves me to see poor Angel so mistreated :/