Gaming Thread

Link takes me to an age verification page, where it then tells me Firefox doesn't recognize the protocol associated with any program when trying to access the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the last episode of The Walking Dead. For those playing it (maybe), I won't say anything, but it was worth the wait. I've never played a game like it.

Don't worry if you don't get the last achievement, it's a bug, no one gets it. On a brighter note, Season 2 has been confirmed by Telltale Games!

Finished the last episode of The Walking Dead. For those playing it (maybe), I won't say anything, but it was worth the wait. I've never played a game like it.

Don't worry if you don't get the last achievement, it's a bug, no one gets it. On a brighter note, Season 2 has been confirmed by Telltale Games!

I've been eying the game, but I've been very hesitant to bother with even the first chapter simply because it just looks like every other antiquated "point and click" adventure game as far as the gameplay goes, with maybe a little Heavy Rain style cut scenes. I used to play those kinds of games decades ago, but anymore and they put me to sleep.

Does it actually feel like a game, or is it just basically another interactive comic?

In other news, I picked up ZombiU, and so far it's a mixed bag for me. I mostly like what it has to offer, but the graphics on it are very ugly, and I can't tell if it's just a case of first gen sowftware for a still maturing platform, or if it's a hardware limitation. Unless you're just a diehard Mario or zombie-anything fan, it doesn't really seem like there's any reason to buy a Wii U right now. Currently the system doesn't look or perform as well as a 360 or PS3. You're also shit out of luck for audio if you still needed to use optical inputs, and even if you have a switch or matrix that allows HDMI to Optical, the Wii U only supports 5.1 PCM, so you will only get 2ch stereo through optical.

There's also a ton of misinformation/outright lies being spread about how the Wii U "upscales" Wii games to 1080p. It doesn't do shit. Your television simply plays at 1080p through HDMI, but there's no real upscaling involved and the Wii games look just as shitty as they always did--graphically speaking.

I've been eying the game, but I've been very hesitant to bother with even the first chapter simply because it just looks like every other antiquated "point and click" adventure game as far as the gameplay goes, with maybe a little Heavy Rain style cut scenes. I used to play those kinds of games decades ago, but anymore and they put me to sleep.

Does it actually feel like a game, or is it just basically another interactive comic?
Well, yes and no. There's tense sequences and sometimes you have to make decisions, but The Walking Dead is really all about the story and characters. It's not about killing zombies, at least, not primarily. It's about keeping a group of different personalities together in terrible situations and making decisions when you know you can't do the right thing for everyone. The entire game depends on what you decide, and which choices you make. Who do you help? Who do you side with in conflicts? Are you honest about things or is it sometimes better to keep things to yourself? All those choices determine who is on your side and who isn't, which friends you can save, and in the end, sometimes even if your friends are willing to save you.

If you're looking for a Michael Bay style game, pass on this one, but if you want a game that gets you right in the feels, that has you genuinely caring about the characters and the story, then I promise you won't be disappointed.

For those that hated the endings of ME3, Merry Christmas!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEofXDuxAQ&feature=plcp[/ame]