Gaming Thread

Fallout 3 is my all-time favorite game. Max, I'm surprised you waited this long to experience this marvel of video gaming. Of course, I've still yet to play Mass Effect 1 and 2, but as of right now Fallout 3 is my all-time fav..

Yeah, I'm always like a year or so late to playing new games. ME 1 fuckin rules so hard. Not only is the gameplay super fun (pretty much the same as KOTOR), but from a SciFi perspective its a great universe they've created.

They're bitch expensive here, and getting British versions of the games would be even more hassle. Bringing my 360 over would cost a bit because of the weight and size, and there is no Xbox Live here anyway.

Build yourself a cheap but good gamin' PC! PC > Consoles.

resident evil was pretty alright. can't really find any complaints about the camera and controls seeing as they were pretty simple and easy.
as far as creepy, didn't really seem like it was that they were going for

You can't find anything wrong with the complete inability to strafe and move while shooting?

Yeah, I'm always like a year or so late to playing new games. ME 1 fuckin rules so hard. Not only is the gameplay super fun (pretty much the same as KOTOR), but from a SciFi perspective its a great universe they've created.

Build yourself a cheap but good gamin' PC! PC > Consoles.

To be really honest, I've always preferred the console experience. Not sure if that puts me in some minority, but it's just how I've always enjoyed playing games.

I use my PC to play strategy, and when HL2 came out, I was playing a huge amount of game time on the PC, but I always preferred consoles. My laptop is good, but not good enough for new games, and so I usually just play older games on it.

I recently played The Thing, which is really pretty cool.

I've only played it online a few times. I actually lent my copy to a friend and then he promptly moved to live on an island, so I've not seen it in years. I was playing Caesar III a while ago, but it's pretty difficult, and the Hoi Polloi are never fucking happy, no matter what you do.

Yeah, it was all about city building really. They fiddled with the combat, and it got better with an add on or two, but it never really worked too well. For the most part it was just building reservoirs and farms. After a while it get's immensely frustrating because there is never enough space, and making money requires almost constant clicking, and so it's just not all that relaxing or enjoyable.

I also hated how you cant choose which streets the merchants go down. If they come to an intersection, they randomly pick a direction. GODDAMNIT MY VILLAS NEED A SECOND TYPE OF WINE!!

Like I said, frustrating. After a few hours it's just madness. Success becomes having one big house with happy residents and Caesar being pissed that he needs to lend you more money.

it's been that way since the beginning. it'd basically be like every other FPS if you stuck it in that way.

You're absolutely right...however the others up to 4 had a 3rd person view which made it easier to maneuver when you're surrounded by zombies.

Out of ammo? Ok, I'm gonna run up to him and slice him with my machete. Oh crap he's still there and I haven't hit him, BUT LOOK! I have to put away my machete, inch closer to him, wield it again...crap, still not there! Inch closer again, wield it again, ah shit...he's already latched on to me because for some reason I can't move and shoot at the same time.

There is absolutely no suspense in this game, just "Oh shit I don't have much ammo and there are ten Lickers trying to get me that I saw from a mile away!" There's a definite panic element to it but only because you can't get the dude to do what you want him to.

It's nearly 2010 and the only thing interesting about it is the storyline and graphics...and the storyline is pretty much the same as the others. I can forgive the Playstation ONE with it's 32 bit graphics and 15 year old gameplay, but now? Come on, Capcom!

Graphics are fucking stunning, though.

Been playing Lemmings online a fair bit recently. Hadn't done so in years and found it less tricky than I'd remembered.. until I tried the higher difficulties. Damn.