Gaming Thread

And with reason - the Witcher is awesome.

I'm actually not quite sure why its crashing, I think its either the Ram, Hard drive, or the mother board. When I did a memory check it gave me this
Computer status: 0xc0000023
Some people were saying that its just vista being gay. Anywho the point is that I want to play the Witcher and my computer keeps cock blocking me.

I'm actually not quite sure why its crashing, I think its either the Ram, Hard drive, or the mother board. When I did a memory check it gave me this
Computer status: 0xc0000023
Some people were saying that its just vista being gay. Anywho the point is that I want to play the Witcher and my computer keeps cock blocking me.
Problem is that many people have started making the standard "Vista is gay" response instead of trying to actually help out.

Yep, trying for both compatibility mode and running as admin (which you should always do, really) might help. I'll take a look into that error too, gimme a sec.

Right, a lot seems to point toward your RAM. How much do you have installed, and is your OS x86 or x64? If it's the x86, you might have too much RAM installed, which many people don't know can actually slow down or crash your system.

also make sure you have enough virtual ram, i kept getting low virt mem errors when playing COD4, but i have 64bit vista and witcher is half way done and i have 8 gigs of ram installed so ill try it later and see if i get an error codes.

also make sure you have enough virtual ram, i kept getting low virt mem errors when playing COD4, but i have 64bit vista and witcher is half way done and i have 8 gigs of ram installed so ill try it later and see if i get an error codes.
Yep, that's also good advice, especially with games like tW. If it's at all possible, install the game on another drive than your system one.

On a completely unrelated note, Bioshock is far too easy with the Wrench Jockey tonics.

I have 64bit OS with 4gigs of RAM. Unfortunately I think my problem might have to do with the RAM actually dying. It will blue screen sometimes when I'm watching videos on the Web (youtube etc..) I'll try that with Witcher and see what I get. It'll have to be a lil'bit later though.

Alright, I need a new motherboard. Anyone have any recommendations? It must:

1) Preferably cost around/less than $150
2) Have at least 4 ram slots (yer mom only has three)
3) It would be nice if it had an extra PCI express in case I feel like going dual graphics cards sometime down the road, but its not really necessary.

I think I'm just going to get this one and figure I won't do dual graphics cards for a very long time, til i do a next huge upgrade/build a new computer and i'll just get another motherboard then.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394

yeah tbh besides my other good specs i can play Crysis full graphics with just one 9800GT, if you got that mobo and something like a geforce 260 it should be able to run old republic just fine :loco:

EDIT: oops what kind of case do you have? thats a micro ATX board i dunno if it will fit in your (more than likely) ATX case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128380

this should work.