Gaming Thread

Started playing the Point Lookout FO3 addon today. It's kind of annoying. I think it was Stormomomomomomomo who mentioned a while back that its annoying that the inbred hillbillies with no armor take 469568405868374723 shots from a combat shotgun to take down, yet they're able to chew through your power armor like it was butter. So true.
And they don't even drop any armor of their own that you can use as spare parts :(

Everything in point lookout has absurd amounts of HP. Wait till you defend the mansion from the tribals.

I liked Operation Anchorage the best of the DLC even though it was a bit short. Point Lookout has a lot of content but feels disconnected from the rest of the game. Mothership Zeta is fun but way overpowered. The Pitt was really well done but way way too short. Broken Steel isn't really the same sort of expansion as it is mostly level cap based. It also makes your sidekicks (especially Dogmeat) virtually invincible. I shot that fucker with the Experimental M.I.R.V. and he just brushed it off.

Everything in point lookout has absurd amounts of HP. Wait till you defend the mansion from the tribals.

I liked Operation Anchorage the best of the DLC even though it was a bit short. Point Lookout has a lot of content but feels disconnected from the rest of the game. Mothership Zeta is fun but way overpowered. The Pitt was really well done but way way too short. Broken Steel isn't really the same sort of expansion as it is mostly level cap based. It also makes your sidekicks (especially Dogmeat) virtually invincible. I shot that fucker with the Experimental M.I.R.V. and he just brushed it off.

Finished Mothership Zeta yesterday, I liked that one the most. Even though it was buggy (e.g. it said I disabled the deathray right away, before I had even been to the deathray control room). I also dig that that chick has a repair skill of 100, so now when i need a unique weapon, like the Gauss Rifle, fully repaired I can run up to her.

Playing Tekken 6. Fun games. They added a lot of Virtua Fighter 4 elements in it though. Now they added the whole ranking system and item purchasing's for your characters.

Still cool though I enjoyed those features in VF 4.

Tekken 6 has 40 characters to choose from. But they are missing Angel. I guess Ogre can make up for the boss character but I am not sure if he is even playable.

I don't understand why people are jizzing so much over Tekken 6. It's just yet another fucking Tekken, it'll be exactly the same as Tekken 5, which was exactly the same as Tekken 4.

And lets face it, in terms of fighting games it's no SFIV.

I don't understand why people are jizzing so much over Tekken 6. It's just yet another fucking Tekken, it'll be exactly the same as Tekken 5, which was exactly the same as Tekken 4.

haha what tekken 4 wasn't like any of the other tekkens, it was horrid!
And are you seriously using an argument that applies even more for SF?

Now they added the whole ranking system and item purchasing's for your characters.

Been there since 5.

well of course I'm biased towards tekken since I've been playing it since the first one... so I would say yes they've kept improving while SF stays at still the same formula they had from the start >_>

I haven't played a Tekken game since 3. That was awesome. Gon was probably the most fun to play, but Eddie and Yoshimitsu were cheap as hell if you knew how to play em right.

Still can't get Steam to work. Steam:// links do not work. It's not that I get an error message, they just don't work. it's like I'm clicking on nothing. Don't even get an hourglass cursor. I've tried every single thing that the website FAQs say, and even emailed their support team, got new tips, and none of those worked. So I just wasted half a days pay on a game that I can't even fucking play online. I recall having major issues with Steam back in the day too when I was still into Counterstrike. Maybe it's me?

I haven't played a Tekken game since 3. That was awesome. Gon was probably the most fun to play, but Eddie and Yoshimitsu were cheap as hell if you knew how to play em right.

Still can't get Steam to work. Steam:// links do not work. It's not that I get an error message, they just don't work. it's like I'm clicking on nothing. Don't even get an hourglass cursor. I've tried every single thing that the website FAQs say, and even emailed their support team, got new tips, and none of those worked. So I just wasted half a days pay on a game that I can't even fucking play online. I recall having major issues with Steam back in the day too when I was still into Counterstrike. Maybe it's me?

It's probably most likely you. When Steam came out, as you remember, it was buggy as shit. Nowadays, it's pretty solid. I haven't had an issue with Steam in years.

What exactly are you trying to do and can you include screenshots?

screenshots won't help. I'm just trying to get any steam link to work.

For instance, I bought borderlands with friends (that buy 4 get a discount package) and my friend gifted me a copy. When I click to accept the gift it just sits there. it's like I didn't even touch the mouse, I get no response at all clicking that. Same with when I try to click on the "send message" link in the friends window. Any link specific to the Steam engine (I've noticed it all begins with Steam:// instead of http:) does absolutely nothing.

I've disconnected my router and gone straight to my modem in case it was a firewall issue, no luck. I read the FAQ about how to manually edit the registry and that didn't work either. I'm completely up to date on Windows, IE, and all my hardware drivers. It's almost like I need to install XP to see if that makes a difference, but I don't have a way of backing up my files right now so I can't do that. I'm totally hoserfied.

Oh, I've also run Steam under administrator by right clicking (even though this account is already an admin one).

Any other ideas though?