Gaming Thread

Play the first or you'll be confused as all fuck when it comes to who is who and what is what in the second. Plus the decisions you make in the first carry over to the second (a fuck ton of them I've noticed so far, some very small things) and make the 2nd a bit more personalized.

No point getting stoked/worried before the game is out, gentlemen. I have it preordered too, and when I get it, I'll play it and see if it's good or not, not before.

From what I've seen, it seems that one of the greatest improvements is the combat. Which will pretty much make the game perfect for me, as the combat was the only thing that I didn't actually enjoy that much with the first one.

From what I've seen, it seems that one of the greatest improvements is the combat. Which will pretty much make the game perfect for me, as the combat was the only thing that I didn't actually enjoy that much with the first one.
What does annoy me is that they swapped out the Overheat system for a traditional ammo scheme. And if it's one thing I hate, it's having to scrounge for ammo all the time, and worse, having to constantly swap it around in the inventory screen! Most RPGs have stopped using the ammo system years ago, and ME2 is making the exact opposite move...

What does annoy me is that they swapped out the Overheat system for a traditional ammo scheme. And if it's one thing I hate, it's having to scrounge for ammo all the time, and worse, having to constantly swap it around in the inventory screen! Most RPGs have stopped using the ammo system years ago, and ME2 is making the exact opposite move...

It's not too bad since you're carrying pretty much a million weapons. As long as you're semi accurate, you really don't have to scrounge much.

So, I beat it...

Man, the last 2 hours of the game. Pretty fuck awesome. Gonna wait till my non-jewed copy arrives this week to play more. I give it a thumbs up in every department aside from the inventory and customization aspects of things. I got used to it, but still not pleased with the dumbing down.

Not this time.

Bioware is punishing you if you rush through the game. Sheppard himself, and a lot of your team can die at the end if you don't explore and get upgrades for the Normandy and level up a lot.

So I hear.

Eric, can I ask you something?

Without spoilers, what should I do to ensure all my team survives? Level up a lot and get all the upgrades, right?

I can't do that without minor spoilers:

As far as I know, you have to:

A) Do all the trust missons BEFORE activating the Reaper chip
B) Before doing Miranda and Jacks trust missions, you have to have full paragon or renegade (or atleast high enough to unlock a certain option in conversation, not sure if it's full or not)
C) Get all the upgrades for the ship as suggested by the people... Although, I think you can do it without getting the medical bay upgrade.
D)It's still not guaranteed they'll all survive, since choices in your squad during the suicide mission do affect this. For instance, picking favorites to do certain things. And a few decisions inside that area do effect whether certain people (in the roll they are) live or not. You're really going to have to play that by chance. Saying much more on that would be filled with spoilers.

I understand, thanks!

So during the suicide missions, characters I want to live, should they be in my party?

And damn, I'm Renegade. Does that mean I can't sex Miranda? If I remain faithful to Liara do you think it'll be worth it in ME3?

I understand, thanks!

So during the suicide missions, characters I want to live, should they be in my party?

And damn, I'm Renegade. Does that mean I can't sex Miranda? If I remain faithful to Liara do you think it'll be worth it in ME3?

we're getting into slightly more spoiler territory here:

You can still bang miranda as a renegade, but... if you don't have full renegade or paragon, a choice will happen where you can fuck up your relationship with either her or jack (the tattoo'd cunt) completely and not be able to fix it.

Liara only makes a minor appearance as an information broker. Not sure how your relationship effects things with her, as mine in the first game wasn't really much.

As for the suicide mission, having them in your party does not guarantee they live. For instance, I had a perfect relationship with Garrus, and he was in my party, but he died during the mission, same with Tali (MOTHERFUCK)... but strangely enough, Grunt (the new krogan) and Samara (the gay ass asari bitch) lived to see another day, 2 characters I really didn't do much for. It was how I used them, and how I was picking some favorites, as opposed to who was best for the job, that the game just decided to punish me. I still haven't figured the whole system out for the end.

Internet!

But yeah, I'll have my actual copy tomorrow so I can access that damned Cerberus Network thing so I can pay for DLC...

HAHA BUYING DLC. I'll never pay for addons like a costume or a weapon. That shit should be earned in game, not purchased for 5 bucks over the already high cost of the game. I can see extra planet content or some shit being purchased, but not fucking dragon armor.