Gaming Thread

ok i didn't know if ye all be pirates like me, yeah i didn't know it was leaked till yesterday or i would have been playing it, how much better is it than the first one? mine should be done by tonight granted its legit, the most popular copys seed to leech sucked and im getting 500kbps to a meg with this DL.

Just started playing Force Unleashed for PC yesterday, and I'm a little disappointed...even aside from the shitty port they did.

Sure, throwing shit is fun...for the first couple of hours. This game is like God of War with lightsabers and force powers, only not REAL force powers except for the obvious ones. Where's mah choke, mang?!?!?! Throw/Force Lightning gets a bit old after a while.

Also the combat, while fun and inventive, just doesn't seem to fit. I was expecting something more along the lines of the last Jedi Outcast back in '02. This one's story is really the only thing saving it for me because it puts a new spin on what we already know about Vader/Palpatine. I hate to say it, but even with all the cool physics stuff, the last Jedi Outcast game blows this one away STILL. I'll continue to play and have fun throwing people/wookies/stormtroopers off buildings, but I will also continue to pine for more REAL lightsaber swordplay instead of flashy moves. I don't know if it's in the game because I'm only about halfway done (I'm trying to save Leia), but a dual-wielding/dual-handled lightsaber fighting style would be really cool. I really don't like how the lightsaber fighting system has taken a back seat to the force system. The fighting system itself has nothing wrong with it, but it's just moves you upgrade, not lightsaber fighting styles. To be honest, my favorite part in the entire game is the opening stage with Vader. I could play that over and over and over again and never get tired of hearing wookies fall to their deaths. I like how they got his walk right, too. He doesn't run; he just walks with a strong purpose. Everything after that has been a little lacking, imo.

I'd give it an 8/10 based on the game alone, and a 5/10 based on the shitty port job they did to PC. It's completely fucked.

I'll play a Star Wars FPS when they let me play Empire and blow up Rebel scum. Until then, I'm just not interested

You pretty much kill everyone in this one.

I've been playing KOTOR and KOTOR 2 the last few weeks and I can't believe I didn't get it sooner. It's dated but it's pretty good.

lol wierd i have been playing Battlefront 2 for the past couple of days. i have been enjoying nice long rounds of capture the flag in coruscant.

if anyone still has jedi academy i stiil have it lying around somewhere and ill pwn all of you at a saber fight.

also COD4 has a mod that turns it into a SW game, its only in beta and has one level but its pretty fun, looks good too.

Masturbating to video game characters is clearly the viking way.

Well I guess because Miranda is voiced and played by someone who exists it's not as bad in this case.... Or not... Still Yvonne Strahovski is schwing.

yvonne-strahovski.jpg

Only had time to play it for like 2 hours tonight, but it seems fuckin awesome so far. Surprised by how different it is, it doesn't really feel like KOTOR-with-guns like the first one did.

I don't mind the streamlining. surprisingly.

There was no point in all the useless bullshit you find in the first game. I'm glad the inventory system is gone. And honestly, I was too lazy to equip my squad mates anyway. Although it is annoying not having XP rack up until a mission is finished.

So far there hasn't been a dull moment, that's all I care about.