3.Persona 4
4.Mass Effect I and II
5.Nocturne
6.Oblivion
7.Star Ocean 2
8.Persona 3
9.Mario RPG
10.Majoras Mask

Now several hours into ME2. Wow. Amazing game so far, maybe better than the first one. I'm impressed with how much they've changed without making it feel like anything other than a Mass Effect game, if that makes sense. This is practically a shooter, and a damn fine one at that. Cinematic really is a good word to describe it; it's like an interactive movie.

2f0ar5s.jpg

Now several hours into ME2. Wow. Amazing game so far, maybe better than the first one. I'm impressed with how much they've changed without making it feel like anything other than a Mass Effect game, if that makes sense. This is practically a shooter, and a damn fine one at that. Cinematic really is a good word to describe it; it's like an interactive movie.

still has rpg elements though right? I want to play this so badly but I don't really have the time arghhhh

There's definitely RPG elements. If you liked the first game there is absolutely no reason why you won't enjoy this one more overall.

It makes Mass Effect 1 feel like a cheap piece of shit imo.

well fuck I need to get this then haha! How essential is it in the carryover/plot? Like I seriously can't remember what ending I got (I did all of them) and I forget most of the story. Should I replay mass effect 1 or just wikipedia it to brush up on plot and then start it out?

Does not compute.

enemy, I couldn't remember much from the first game either since I was barred out for most of it. But once you upload your save it goes over your decisions, like if you saved the council or not. Overall, the story is about something else anyway. So I wouldn't worry about it.

I know, I know. I read the forums. It's damn near ruined her for me. :(

*sigh*

On a serious note, though. Kelly is pretty flirty and I kind of want to smash her instead. Not sure, though. But I just landed on Illium, what a beautiful city. If we lived in the Mass Effect world, I would retire there.

I just finshed the first round of squad recruitment. The awesome thing about not reading any preview or news about the game before it's announced is that you don't know who the party members will be. I was pleasantly surprised by Garrus' return, and now that I've received my second batch of dossiers, I'm happy to see my favourite character, Tali, will also return - so I'll now make a beeline for her to include her in my party again. Shame Ashley's contribution will most likely be limited to her short appearance on Horizon.

I'm liking the game a whole lot so far. Not a fan of the ammo system, as I've mentioned before (sniper ammo and heavy pistol ammo is scandalously limited!), but the upgrade system is nice, a far better mechanic than the old carry-100-rifles-and-compare-them-all misery. The scanning system is a good idea, but poorly executed (far too slow and tedious), making it almost as boring as the old drive-around-pointlessly-in-the-Mako-and-hope-you-spot-rare-metals scheme, but at least they tried.

Liking the combat too, new sprint/cover controls are far more useful than in ME1, only thing I miss is more graphic death animations. Headshots in particular.