Gaming Thread

Yeah those jump/slash/special move combo games bore me. Arkham Asylum did it right, though; just from the preview I saw Dante's Inferno was gonna be like God of War.

For some reason I sweat a lot when I'm playing ME2, particularly from my ass. Last night after several hours of playing, I stood up to see two cheek-sized sweat ovals left on my chair.

I haven't decided if I should start playing ME2, or do another run of Arkham Asylum...

I have a question for all you mass effect guys. So I'm thinking of buying the pc version cuz I just like pc games better and not having to use my shitty ass tiny tv. However that would mean I have no saved game to load, does it make that huge of a difference? should I go back and also buy mass effect 1 for pc and replay that (its pretty damn cheap, like 20 bucks or less)?

I have a question for all you mass effect guys. So I'm thinking of buying the pc version cuz I just like pc games better and not having to use my shitty ass tiny tv. However that would mean I have no saved game to load, does it make that huge of a difference? should I go back and also buy mass effect 1 for pc and replay that (its pretty damn cheap, like 20 bucks or less)?

This is what the difference will be. Your default ME1 Sheppard will have

-Let the council die
-Let Wrex die
-Let Kaiden die (If you're a male Sheppard)

I forgot the others. There's also a bunch of cool emails you won't get. I recommend loading from a ME1 save, it's so worth it. As well as a lot of small encounters.

*very minor spoilers about something else in ME2*
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-

I didn't like what they did to Liara. Maybe it was the lighting, but on the Normandy she was a dark, vibrant blue. Here she looked pale blue with weird freckle things.

Romanceable Tali is pure fanservice, but only for people who play a male Shepard. That makes no sense. If anyone would be up for some seafood action, it'd be Tali. Ah well, I get the feeling that at least Kelly will be up for some girl-on-girl party-time :D

... still would've made more sense for my character to end up with Tali though.

If I were a woman, I wouldn't want a Turian in my bed.

As for the Tali romance thing, I'm just annoyed that I can't let the story progress the way I want it to because of lazy or stupid devs. I can imagine Ashley being too conservative for same-sex stuff, or Kaidan being not too keen on getting it on with a male Shepard (perish the thought!) - Hell, I'll even understand Miranda being uptight about it, but apart from those, all the characters have the personality that would allow them to have romance with the main character despite her gender.

Ah well.

For any Nukem fans out there, here's a dirge for ya -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-G-LqufUic&feature=player_embedded[/ame]