Gaming Thread

I'm playing Mass Effect 2 on XO and Bioshock 2 on PC. After those I may try that new AvP, though it seems it may not that good. And next month it's time to play Final Fantasy XIII (and God of War 3). MS and Remedy just announced that Alan Wake will be released May 18th in USA and May 21st in Europe. Seems to be a good year for us gamers. :kickass:

Pick Garrus for first team leader, Jack for biotic, Tali for vents, Jacob for second team leader. Everyone will live. Assuming you have full loyality.

*spoilers you should read so everyone lives*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Once you do the IFF quest, immediatley choose to rescue the crew. You don't need Legions loyalty for everyone to survive and if you fuck around Kelly will die.

By the end of it I had loyalty for everyone but Jack because I sided with Miranda in their argument. I assume there was an intermediary conversation response I should have chosen to appease both of them?

You can diffuse the argument then and there if you have 100% Renegade or Paragon. Otherwise, if you're at 75%, you can go talk to the one you didn't side with later and get the loyalty back.

It pissed me off that Bioware punishes you for being nuetral. I always like to base my choices on what I would actually do.

Nah, I like being totally douchy or totally heroic. I really like that having more paragon or renegade opens up new dialogue choices. Way better than the intimidate/charm skills of ME1.

My mistake.

Has anyone seen the trailer for Fallout: New Vegas coming out in November? Supposidly theres less ugly radiation environments, more choice and faction based storyline and everything.

But I'm pissed off they're doing this instead of a new Elder Scrolls.

My mistake.

Has anyone seen the trailer for Fallout: New Vegas coming out in November? Supposidly theres less ugly radiation environments, more choice and faction based storyline and everything.

But I'm pissed off they're doing this instead of a new Elder Scrolls.
Why? If it's good, then no matter what franchise, right? I'm hoping for some Planescape:Torment/Mask of the Betrayer/Bloodlines-style storytelling, but I'm probably going to be disappointed...

I love the Fallout series, but The Elder Scrolls is just my favorite thing ever.

Fallout 3 wasn't broken like Oblivion. I'm just finishing up ANOTHER Oblivion playthrough, I've easily (and literally) put about 1500 hours into the game since it came out. I can't do that with Fallout games because the post nuke setting gets boring pretty fast for me. I'm a nerd, I need races, classes, swords and magic. And it annoys me to no end how broken Oblivion and Morrowind are. Extremely easy to exploit if you know how. I'm hoping Bethesda makes the next one balanced.

Fallout 3 has a traditional XP system (something Elder Scrolls needs. Leveling up off what you do sounds good in theory, but is retarded in actuality).

The reason I bring it up, has anyone read The Elder Scrolls book that just came out? "The Infernal City". Supposed to be 20 years after Oblivion. Is this guy a credible author or is it fan fiction level written garbage with The Elder Scrolls name slapped on it?

Come to think of it, I never got to the third "A Song of Ice and Fire" book. I should read that instead, I suppose.

Fallout 3 has a traditional XP system (something Elder Scrolls needs. Leveling up off what you do sounds good in theory, but is retarded in actuality).
TES had the same leveling system ever since Daggerfall and it's a good leveling system (better than a generic XP-based one), but it has the critical flaw that leveling becomes easier as you gain levels (since you'll succeed in your skills more often and will therefore gain quicker skill increases). A simple way to fix that is to have a skill increase every time you fail. That way, you'll find it easy to pick up the basics in a skill, and difficult to master it, as it should be, since the higher your skill becomes, the less likely you are to fail. It has the added advantage that it'll also reward you for challenging yourself, using skills under difficult circumstances, and trying new things, instead of the current system where you're rewarded for making things as easy for yourself as possible.

The reason I bring it up, has anyone read The Elder Scrolls book that just came out? "The Infernal City". Supposed to be 20 years after Oblivion. Is this guy a credible author or is it fan fiction level written garbage with The Elder Scrolls name slapped on it?
Haven't read it, can't help you there.