Gaming Thread

Im playing as a Vanguard in ME2 now and its actually a lot of fun when you get the hang of it. The charge has a really short cool down time, and you have to have quick reflexes. Its deadly when used right.

Im on game #4 of ME2 and I still think I like it more.

I can't wait for it and all but...DAMN IT. Of all the characters they could have brought back it's stupid, fucking redneck Ogrin. And he plays a large part in the story, ugh.

No romancing in this expansion either, which is even more frustrating since theres supposed to be a female elf character.

These aren't mine, but...

horatio7-1.jpg

horatio7-2.jpg

np46tg.jpg

Oh, and Infiltrator isn't easy as such, it's just extremely efficient in some situations, and less so in others. I remember not exactly being thrilled when I had to storm a base with loads of close combats.

so has anyone played the awesomeness that is Bad Company 2? extremely fun, im blown away by the engine, im getting steady 4-50 frames and it looks incredible, nothing like being a helicopter gunner and plowing the shit out of baddies, or destroying a building with C4 that has guy holed up on the roof.

oh and putting C4 on a 4-wheeler and then crashing (jumping off of course) into a tank is pure win.

Just beat the US version of FF13...

Pretty much the same thing with shittier voice acting and a really horrible leona lewis song (as opposed to the mediocre voice acting in the jap version and a slightly more tolerable song from some japanese lady). Xbox version is fine, no real problems warranting any complaining on the technical side. Think I might actually like using the xbox controller better for it, but that really goes down to preference. Disc switching is really a non-factor. gotta do it twice, and unlike in the fucking annoying piece of cunt shit that is Star Ocean 4, you don't have to do it multiple times in one fucking area (I'm looking at you... planet Roak). That was especially annoying when gathering crafting shit... since you'd end up switching discs AT LEAST 10 times to get the shit from the different planets. Not to mention most of the disc space was probably wasted on the fucking terrible voice acting which really should have never been included. I did start playing the PS3 version of the game since it was released last month. Haven't gotten far but the option for the Japanese voice track is fucking WONDERFUL. Haven't spent much time with the game yet though as my interest level after my experience with the game prior is REAL LOW.

Oh yeah, I was talking about ff13, wasn't I... decent game. Not great, not horrible. Just kinda in the middle.

The lack of side shit outside of monsterhunting is still irking at me. That and the shear tedium that is the first half of the game... still don't understand how someone went through that and said "Yeah, this is definitely ready for release and exactly what people want". I wonder if they were just afraid to speak up when taking into account how much money was poured into the game at that point? Who knows.

The PS3 version has Japanese option? Kusoooooo!

It's REALLY linear and the battle system sucks, but I enjoy having my hand-held after going through a sandbox like Mass Effect 2. I don't know...I like it. But...it doesn't feel like Final Fantasy that's for sure.

The PS3 version has Japanese option? Kusoooooo!

It's REALLY linear and the battle system sucks, but I enjoy having my hand-held after going through a sandbox like Mass Effect 2. I don't know...I like it. But...it doesn't feel like Final Fantasy that's for sure.

Not ff13... the newly released star ocean 4's PS3 version has a jap option.

You're stuck with english with whichever version of FF13 you get.

Just finished the first Mass Effect again. Damn, I forgot how screwed you were as Infiltrator when you were stuck fighting Saren/Sovereign with only a Sniper Rifle and a Pistol...

I've also noticed that in Eric's sig, the fat dude also gets grazed by the punch.

Fucking Xbox Live support is as useless as a snooze button on a god damn smoke alarm...

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is fun. I need to purchase FF XIII eventually. So many games to play, not enough funds.

Looks like Goonsquad dropped Eve for Star Trek Online, and already they've got people whining that their pussies hurt. Apparently, they tricked a bunch of Klingons into boarding a Starfleet ship and trapped them there, killing them over and over again and preventing them from escaping. This is total win:

Last edited by a moderator:
Installing Awakening now :kickass:

Played it for a few hours, its pretty cool :kickass:

It definitely doesn't feel like a full on sequel (which it wasn't supposed to). I think I probably would have preferred them to take more time and flesh it out more, turn it into a full length game. The dialogue isn't as full and immersive as the original, for example. Also, of all returning recruitable party members, they chose Oghren.