Gaming Thread

I used to play but then I got tired of doing the same crap over and over again for better gear just so I could continue doing the same crap over and over again but in a quicker manner.

Yeah I just recently gave it up to play Eve, which I like much better. I'll probably restart when the new expansion comes out. Worgen look pretty cool.

Haha...c'mon Max. You know you want to. There's nothing like baiting shit-eating pirates with your itty bitty Ret and then having your entire corporation's armada de-cloak and start waxing some ass.

Gow3 is so fucking good. God damn.

Also Goblins > Worgen.

$5 to the first person to find a Jacob/Jakob/etc first.

Just finished ME2's Suicide Mission, having NO idea what I was getting into, since I played without any information except what the game gave me. Everyone made it back, except for Legion, who got a dramatic death shot, his body left behind as the Collectors march past him. I got surprised by the Collector attack just as I was going to do his loyalty mission. He probably would have made it back if I'd done it right away. That's what you get for playing without a guide or any other info, and I'm glad I did it this way - it was one Hell of a ride. Special awesomesauce for the scene where Shepard slides across the floor to snatch the hand of (in my case) Miranda.

No romance in this game, but maybe it'll change on my second ME+ME2 playthrough. I didn't even get Kelly into bed and I had dinner with her and everything... wonder what I did wrong :p Ah wait, checked my terminal for messages, there it is. Heh, "Message from: KellyGrrrl" ^_^

edit: did a search on the ME2 wiki. Seems picking Tali as Tech Expert, Jacob as Fire team, Jack as Biotic and Miranda as second Fire Team were all almost perfect choices, but the mistake I made was sending Grunt back to the surface with the crew, while I should have kept him for the Hold the Line mission and sent a squishy like Mordin instead, to boost the team's defensive skills. That would have kept Legion alive, it seems. Ah well, I'm glad I did it all without any help from wikis or walkthroughs, made it a heart-pounding rush with decisions made on intuition, instead of a checklist job.

So my checklist is:

Shepard - survived

Garrus - survived
Tali - survived
Miranda - survived
Jack - survived
Thane - survived
Grunt - survived
Mordin - survived
Samara - survived
Zaeed - survived
Jacob - survived

Legion - killed

Normandy SR2 crew - survived

Collector base - destroyed

Miranda - resigned from Cerberus

Illusive Man - pissed off with Shepard

Shepard still in a relationship with Kaidan Alenko (but cheated on him with Kelly :heh:)

Ashley Williams died on Virmire

Urdnot Wrex survived the mission on Virmire

Shepard followed the Paragon path

Destiny Ascension was destroyed on the Citadel

Captain Anderson was chosen as Council member

Just finished ME2's Suicide Mission, having NO idea what I was getting into, since I played without any information except what the game gave me. Everyone made it back, except for Legion, who got a dramatic death shot, his body left behind as the Collectors march past him. I got surprised by the Collector attack just as I was going to do his loyalty mission. He probably would have made it back if I'd done it right away. That's what you get for playing without a guide or any other info, and I'm glad I did it this way - it was one Hell of a ride. Special awesomesauce for the scene where Shepard slides across the floor to snatch the hand of (in my case) Miranda.

No romance in this game, but maybe it'll change on my second ME+ME2 playthrough. I didn't even get Kelly into bed and I had dinner with her and everything... wonder what I did wrong :p Ah wait, checked my terminal for messages, there it is. Heh, "Message from: KellyGrrrl" ^_^

edit: did a search on the ME2 wiki. Seems picking Tali as Tech Expert, Jacob as Fire team, Jack as Biotic and Miranda as second Fire Team were all almost perfect choices, but the mistake I made was sending Grunt back to the surface with the crew, while I should have kept him for the Hold the Line mission and sent a squishy like Mordin instead, to boost the team's defensive skills. That would have kept Legion alive, it seems. Ah well, I'm glad I did it all without any help from wikis or walkthroughs, made it a heart-pounding rush with decisions made on intuition, instead of a checklist job.

So my checklist is:

Shepard - survived

Garrus - survived
Tali - survived
Miranda - survived
Jack - survived
Thane - survived
Grunt - survived
Mordin - survived
Samara - survived
Zaeed - survived
Jacob - survived

Legion - killed

Normandy SR2 crew - survived

Collector base - destroyed

Miranda - resigned from Cerberus

Illusive Man - pissed off with Shepard

Shepard still in a relationship with Kaidan Alenko (but cheated on him with Kelly :heh:)

Ashley Williams died on Virmire

Urdnot Wrex survived the mission on Virmire

Shepard followed the Paragon path

Destiny Ascension was destroyed on the Citadel

Captain Anderson was chosen as Council member

I'm actually playing this now. It's addicting. And I am also playing with no idea of the game. I haven't even played the first! But I sure as hell will be going back after this and playing ME1 + ME2 straight through.

Truly an amazing game.