Gaming Thread

Beat it today. Wow! Like an interactive movie. I thought the final boss was a bit too easy and predictable once the fight started. Not sure what all the ballyhoo was with keeping everyone alive. If you've done all the loyalty missions and have paid a lick of attention to what the characters are about, it's kind of a no-brainer. The combat felt heavier and I did end up liking it better even though I had a rough start with it. I also preferred this weapon upgrade system to the last. Clips were gay to start but really ended up being a non-issue. Glad the resource/money system thingy was pretty well fixed too. ME1 had a far superior end credit song. I took the boring route and bagged Miranda although Jack got a little biotic boost down in the hold.

Found a kinda neat DA mod that redesigns some of the characters for better realism and fit with the DA lore.
686-2-1265332011.jpg

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=686

Installed the NPC redesigned mod (I'm reattempting to give Dragon Age the love it deserves after the grind at Orzammar put me off it), and I must say, it's pretty awesome and highly recommended. I've always wondered why companies like Bioware spend so much time developing their NPC's personalities, but do such a shoddy job on their faces (some, like Alistair, excluded).

So my checklist is:

Shepard - dead

Garrus - dead
Tali - dead
Miranda - dead
Jack - dead
Thane - dead
Grunt - dead
Mordin - dead
Samara - dead
Zaeed - dead
Jacob - dead

Legion - dead

Normandy SR2 crew - survived

Collector base - saved

Miranda - dead bitch is dead

Illusive Man - happy with shepard and sitting in his evil chair plotting

Shepard and Kaiden are most definitely not bros

Ashley Williams died on Virmire

Urdnot Wrex did not survive the mission on Virmire

Shepard followed the Paragon path (I think, I was pretty even)

Destiny Ascension was destroyed on the Citadel (does this mean kill the council? cuz thats what I did)

Captain Anderson was chosen as Council member

whoa whoa whoa, I edited your checklist into mine and mine is totally different; how will there be Mass Effect 3 if Shepard died in mine? Also I didn't understand the ending; in mine everyone was dead and joker just went back to talk to the illusive man and the illusive man was talking about how shepard saving the collector base for them would help them defeat the reapers (and beyond... dun dun duhhhhh). The ending sequence looked like an army of sovereigns and joker with the codes, does that mean that Cerberus built a fleet of sovereigns? Did I basically just allow Cerberus to take over the galaxy? I figured that I'd want to save the ship to help fight the reapers because otherwise they'd just indoctrinate another species (geth, collectors, I don't need to battle another one) so with the data from the base it'd make fighting them easier, I didn't think shepard would die though so now the illusive man is free to do whatever.

I might have to go back and replay the game, I didn't give a fuck about anyone but Garrus was my bro (jacob was alright too but fuck that cunt miranda) and I didn't want Shepard to die :cry:

checking out this game that i believe just cameo ut called Lead and Gold on steam, 3rd person western similar to TF2, trailer looked promising so i bought it.

So my checklist is:

Shepard - dead

Garrus - dead
Tali - dead
Miranda - dead
Jack - dead
Thane - dead
Grunt - dead
Mordin - dead
Samara - dead
Zaeed - dead
Jacob - dead

Legion - dead

Normandy SR2 crew - survived

Collector base - saved

Miranda - dead bitch is dead

Illusive Man - happy with shepard and sitting in his evil chair plotting

Shepard and Kaiden are most definitely not bros

Ashley Williams died on Virmire

Urdnot Wrex did not survive the mission on Virmire

Shepard followed the Paragon path (I think, I was pretty even)

Destiny Ascension was destroyed on the Citadel (does this mean kill the council? cuz thats what I did)

Captain Anderson was chosen as Council member

whoa whoa whoa, I edited your checklist into mine and mine is totally different; how will there be Mass Effect 3 if Shepard died in mine? Also I didn't understand the ending; in mine everyone was dead and joker just went back to talk to the illusive man and the illusive man was talking about how shepard saving the collector base for them would help them defeat the reapers (and beyond... dun dun duhhhhh). The ending sequence looked like an army of sovereigns and joker with the codes, does that mean that Cerberus built a fleet of sovereigns? Did I basically just allow Cerberus to take over the galaxy? I figured that I'd want to save the ship to help fight the reapers because otherwise they'd just indoctrinate another species (geth, collectors, I don't need to battle another one) so with the data from the base it'd make fighting them easier, I didn't think shepard would die though so now the illusive man is free to do whatever.

I might have to go back and replay the game, I didn't give a fuck about anyone but Garrus was my bro (jacob was alright too but fuck that cunt miranda) and I didn't want Shepard to die :cry:

requoting myself cuz you page jacked me you douche haha; I need an answer from neverboard videogame nerds! I haven't been this affected by a game in a while. I'm actually almost nervous about what'll happen in the next game due to my choices haha, I can't wait for the next one to come out!

whoa whoa whoa, I edited your checklist into mine and mine is totally different; how will there be Mass Effect 3 if Shepard died in mine?
Like Chromie said, dead Shepards don't carry over to the next game, probably.

Also I didn't understand the ending; in mine everyone was dead and joker just went back to talk to the illusive man and the illusive man was talking about how shepard saving the collector base for them would help them defeat the reapers (and beyond... dun dun duhhhhh). The ending sequence looked like an army of sovereigns and joker with the codes, does that mean that Cerberus built a fleet of sovereigns?
No. The first Reaper you see in that scene is Harbinger, the one who possessed the Collector general. Harbinger is the only Reaper that is awake until that point (excluding the destroyed Sovereign). The other Reapers in dark space awaken at the end of ME2. That's what you're seeing, not Cerberus building an army of Reapers or summat.

If your Shepard dies and without you intentionally killing him off, then you suck! :lol:

Yeah, I assume he didnt do any of the loyalty missions or get any of the upgrades, and then chose all the wrong people for the specialties in the final mission.

actually yes you're exactly right :lol:

basically I was so into the story and I haven't had much time so I went straight through the game; almost no side missions whatsoever, 1 ship upgrade, etc. Everyone died and then joker was holding shepard when he was about to fall and shepard was like TELL THEM or something like that and then fell to his death. Is there a real ending that I'm supposed to get where shepard lives to fight off the reapers that would carry over into the next game? so basically I suck so badly that in the next game they'll be like yeah your ending was wrong, here's how it was supposed to have gone?

Summer is coming up in a month and a half so I think I'm going to have to replay it doing all missions, sidequests, loyalty, etc.

Dude, your question has already been answered twice. Not to mention you could easily just look at any game site that's reviewed ME2 or go on the Bioware website.

Dude, your question has already been answered twice. Not to mention you could easily just look at any game site that's reviewed ME2 or go on the Bioware website.

yeah they say after you finish you get returned to the normandy so fuck, i really messed up haha. time to replay it i guess.