Gaming Thread

As a 2d gamer (almost specifically) I can say that's absolutely untrue of 2d games :lol: Anymore most "2D" games are still built on polygons.

Blasphemy nothing.

I love Star Wars, I grew up with it. But if you don't think Obsidian gave the series depth as opposed to Lucas's black and white good and evil cookie cutter child's play, you're lying to yourself.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 will always be the best idea introduced to the series even long after we are all dead, and in my opinion, that's a fact.

Blasphemy nothing.

I love Star Wars, I grew up with it. But if you don't think Obsidian gave the series depth as opposed to Lucas's black and white good and evil cookie cutter child's play, you're lying to yourself.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 will always be the best idea introduced to the series even long after we are all dead, and in my opinion, that's a fact.
Oh I don't care about the movie I was talking about the EU.

It really is a shame that the mediocre final 15 minutes overshadows 30+ hours of near perfect gameplay.

I had no problems desiring to replay ME2 multiple times after finishing it. I have yet been compelled to replay ME3 once so far. SFxT may have something to do with that, but I honestly don't feel like I am missing out. I don't know why, but I honestly couldn't wait for the game to be over. I'd still say that overall it was better than the first, but I think I still prefer the second game. Would elaborate, but it would be spoilerish. It has nothing to do with the endings either.

Bexnp.jpg

I will not purchase one piece of dlc and i am seriously pissed after BIOWARE FUCKED EVERYONE UP THE ASS WITH THAT HORRIBLE FUCKING ENDING. i mean seriously, what the fuck? i was loving me3, was amazed at the storytelling (fuck you, i thought a lot of the moments seriously hit hard when you saw losses or thought all hope was gone), fun gameplay (aside from a lot of it just being shooting gallery) and the new features, but then it all fell the fuck apart.

DO NOT READ MORE IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED IT, THOUGH THERE AREN'T REALLY SPOILERS.

the thing that pissed me off the most was i spent hours doing the side quests, fetch/scan shit etc and all that was for nothing? seriously? for one tiny deviation in the recycled ending movie? what the fuckity fuck? i expected to see all my troops going into battle, the differences from the different fleets i recruited etc. i expected to see full on assault, blood pack/eclipse fighting reaper forces on land, krogan warriors right beside them etc and yet it felt like it was all isolated and cut off. in the last hour of the game it became a straight shot shooting gallery to the finish where nothing felt like it had any meaning whatsoever, and the last 10 minutes where you could literally choose whatever ending you wanted AND NOTHING FUCKING MATTERED along with that other stupid completely out of context bullshit sucked.

in conclusion, FUCK BIOWARE. they're lucky tor kicks ass, because otherwise i would boycott them and i will not be buying any of their dlc (really? that fucking message? buy more content plz cash cow? fuck off). the fact that it was all just insignificant, that you needed to do multiplayer to boost your shit and the fact that it was just all a complete rape of the series makes me fucking sick and pissed i spent all that time i could've been working to fill out my battlemaster set.

oh, and if they think they can conclude it in dlc they can suck on my fucking ballsack, i'll be finding other ways to play it that don't involve giving them one fucking dime; the fact that they were selling that squadmate for $8 or whatever is already stupid enough, but making a shit ending and then charging us for one that fits with the series is absolute horseshit.

I tried to tell you people. Didn't I? For the last hundred pages of this thread I warned all of you the direction this company was heading. Diablo 3 is next. I'm warning you now. If you aren't prepared to pay to win, you're going to be left behind.

kinda spoilery for me3 and deus ex hr i guess (though not really and if you haven't beaten hr yet and have no idea what the ending sequence is about you really need to get on that)

I've been avoiding the board for the past 2 weeks or so because i didn't want ANY me3 spoilers. Considering I have played the game since the first one came out (so i've been invested in this series a pretty fucking long time) I seriously wanted every little bit of it to be a surprise, and to feel all those choices and relationships come to a conclusion. The complete bullshit of the ending and the fact that after you talk to everyone at the linear area you see NOTHING YOU'VE DONE/ANY FUCKING IMPACT WHATSOEVER was ridiculous. Since i'm a deus ex fan/cyberpunk fan of course I chose the ending that has been in pretty much every deus ex game/is the sci fi cliche and i was stunned at how stupid it felt instead of accomplishment (it really came out of nowhere, felt cheesy and reminded me of the ending of dxhr where it goes OH LAWL PICK YOUR ENDING but even that had more variation sadly). It really hit me when i went online thinking WELL AT LEAST I CAN COMPARE WITH ALL THE OTHER ENDINGS, I WONDER WHAT COULD'VE HAPPENED AND HOW I SHOULD CHANGE MY NEXT PLAYTHROUGH TO SEE THE DIFFERENCES/VAST CHANGES, until of course i was hit with the fact that YOU CAN PUT THEM SIDE BY SIDE AND THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE IS THE FUCKING COLOR.

i honestly don't get how they could create such a shitty ending. even if it was to milk money out of us, they spent YEARS working on this series; how could they end it in such a terrible way? could they honestly think that they could completely disregard the aspects of the series that made it great, disregard the choice, disregard all the work the player did and just put in some pseudo intellectual/bullshit no context/fucking retarded linear ending scene with a couple of slightly different movies? they either had to sell out what they've worked on so long or they have to be flat out fucking retards.

Some are barely getting to the ending, methinks. To sum up my thoughts, I immediately uninstalled it, and won't play through ME3 ever again unless this "proper ending DLC" is free. Beyond that, I'll always remember 99.8% of the series fondly.

I tried to tell you people. Didn't I? For the last hundred pages of this thread I warned all of you the direction this company was heading. Diablo 3 is next. I'm warning you now. If you aren't prepared to pay to win, you're going to be left behind.

I've played Diablo 3. It's marvelous and it's coming out in May. Diablo 3 isn't Bioware...it's Blizzard. Not that that's any better, but still.

The F2P is a little blown out of proportion. You DO realize that you can make money playing Diablo 3, right? You can craft your own gear and sell it on the market for real money. Also only the highest epicesterest gear will be on the market because you can either make your own or buy them from the vendor just like the other Diablo games. They're essentially getting rid of people eBaying characters and taking out the middle man by allowing you to purchase not characters, but gear. No one is gonna buy gear you can get in the game...they're gonna want only the best gear and that's what the market is for. IMO, it's a good idea. It's not F2P like LOTRO or other F2P MMOs, where you have to pay the company...you're paying other players. Like I said, other players can pay you as well.

From what I've played in Diablo 3, it's amazing, and I'm not even that much of a Diablo freak.