Gaming Thread

I see where on FPS it's irritating, but with games like Street Fighter, it's hilarious.

It was especially hilarious when AE was relatively new and everyone was picking Yun since he was one of the easiest to win with at the time. I had a 30 something win streak against randoms in endless, barely got beaten by an A ranked Sagat and Mr. Yun player says something like "How did he get 30 wins? He sucks", picks Yun and I double perfect him the first game (the mic rage begins). He picks Yun again and took off about 60 health in both rounds (the rage increases), then decides to show me what's what and picks Akuma, to show me that all I know how to do is throw fireballs or whatever and starts the round off exactly how every trash Akuma starts...which I was predicting. Ten losses later he quit. After the third game I had him muted, but the mic icon was always lit up after each match.

:lol: Yeah, AE 2012 is a little bit better... Thankfully. Still hilarious how the scrubs react, though. Nothing better than them doing the same thing over and over (demon flip or jump back fireball) and wondering why they keep getting punished.

Well, I bought Devil May Cry HD Collection today. I was glad to see it was only $40. I haven't played it yet but I very much look forward to it. I actually went into gamestop today specifically for DMC4, having not played it for quite some time, and the guy told me they'd just released it. I was delighted having completely forgotten about it. I'd been dealing with a tremendous amount of grief over Ninja Gaiden III and put DMC style games out of my mind. Too many tears. So, I guess if they can't release solid(deep and difficult) beatemups anymore, they might as well re-release old ones. Please Bayonetta 2, come out. PLEASE.

:lol: Yeah, AE 2012 is a little bit better... Thankfully. Still hilarious how the scrubs react, though. Nothing better than them doing the same thing over and over (demon flip or jump back fireball) and wondering why they keep getting punished.

Well, I bought Devil May Cry HD Collection today. I was glad to see it was only $40. I haven't played it yet but I very much look forward to it. I actually went into gamestop today specifically for DMC4, having not played it for quite some time, and the guy told me they'd just released it. I was delighted having completely forgotten about it. I'd been dealing with a tremendous amount of grief over Ninja Gaiden III and put DMC style games out of my mind. Too many tears. So, I guess if they can't release solid(deep and difficult) beatemups anymore, they might as well re-release old ones. Please Bayonetta 2, come out. PLEASE.

4 is great gameplay-wise but the storyline is complete crap, just like 2 was. I have the HD collection as well and I am starting with 3. DMC 3 has the best storyline out of them all and the gameplay gets crazy once you start unlocking skills.

yeah and Bayonetta 2.....mother of god.

I'm still playing SWTOR which is why i haven't been on the board in pretty much forever. I knew that if I got TOR I'd play it way too much but god dammit I couldn't resist KOTOR3 with 8 story lines (turns out though there's so much shit i'm only just now starting another story line; my mentality of do everything, unlock everything etc that I use in single player games simply does not work here). I'm in a guild, on vent, know all the abbreviations and terms, do all the stereotypical mmo activities, yell at kids for being dipshits and all around am pretty much everything I used to think was totally stupid/would make fun of and can hold my own against pretty much anyone on the server in 1v1/stomp asshole for the most part in pvp/pve.

and yet its oh so fun.
lvl 50 Sith Marauder, valor 73 (full battlemaster set), social 4 (full rakata set except head, chest (fuck you soa), mainhand), 215 daily commendations (saving them for those new 1.2 relics)
lvl 18 Bounty Hunter (healer)

The fact that i won't even have completed everything by the time 1.2 comes out and just unloads new content all over the place flat out baffles me, especially when i'm also putting time into getting my alt up to 50. a lot of people say they have played a bunch of mmos in the past or play more than 1 at a time/are looking forward to mmos but i call bullshit on that since there's no way you can do that and have enough time to accomplish the other things required for survival.

I used to have a character on Everquest called Uncle Moe. I would only say two things, quotes from the episode of The Simpsons, but those were the ONLY things I would say. "Here I am, Uncle Moe, thank you, ma'am." I would say when I got healed, given something, or helped in some way. "This oughta be a treat, here I am, Uncle Moe, while ya eat!" When pulling a mob or attacking something, or entering a zone.

I'm still playing SWTOR which is why i haven't been on the board in pretty much forever. I knew that if I got TOR I'd play it way too much but god dammit I couldn't resist KOTOR3 with 8 story lines (turns out though there's so much shit i'm only just now starting another story line; my mentality of do everything, unlock everything etc that I use in single player games simply does not work here). I'm in a guild, on vent, know all the abbreviations and terms, do all the stereotypical mmo activities, yell at kids for being dipshits and all around am pretty much everything I used to think was totally stupid/would make fun of and can hold my own against pretty much anyone on the server in 1v1/stomp asshole for the most part in pvp/pve.

and yet its oh so fun.
lvl 50 Sith Marauder, valor 73 (full battlemaster set), social 4 (full rakata set except head, chest (fuck you soa), mainhand), 215 daily commendations (saving them for those new 1.2 relics)
lvl 18 Bounty Hunter (healer)

The fact that i won't even have completed everything by the time 1.2 comes out and just unloads new content all over the place flat out baffles me, especially when i'm also putting time into getting my alt up to 50. a lot of people say they have played a bunch of mmos in the past or play more than 1 at a time/are looking forward to mmos but i call bullshit on that since there's no way you can do that and have enough time to accomplish the other things required for survival.

Yeah, after years of playing MMOs, I've realized that you have to just do what you like the most rather than have an obsessive need to uncover EVERYTHING. I'm still playing TOR and I've actually got four characters. I actually can't stand the PvP in this game, so I pretty much ignore it. Tbh, I love the storylines the most, especially Empire. My main is a 50 Sorc and my alt is a 36 Jugg...I've got two more alts, a 39 Jedi knight and a lvl 10 Sniper. I'm about to start a Bounty Hunter and probably a Smuggler as well.

I really hope they put a cross-server LFG tool in the game soon, mainly for my alts and such. This is because my guild is really big and really good and they do ops several times a week but they're mainly an end-game guild. We've got two raiding teams and another one was just formed for helping ppl level and get gear.

Enemy, when you mentioned how you can't believe how much time ppl sink into MMOs, actually they do. While I play a few hours a day, there are people who play literally every single day, all day and all night. The MMO is responsible for the "get out of your mom's basement, you fat nerd" insult. People really do devote their entire life to playing a game. Personally I get a bit bored after a while and go do something else, but I myself have played MMOs for hours on end. However, due to TOR making every character's story different, it's not so bad. In the end, however, if I had to choose between TOR and Eve, I'd choose Eve.

Just how fucking awesome it is. And hard.

You're gonna love it, John. At first it's gonna seem strange if you've never played the first one or are unfamiliar with the backstory; it's a fantasy world that's very different from what you're used to with Bioware, Bethesda, etc. It's much more violent, much less nerd. It's really, really cool.

I'm not sure exactly what is included in the console version (if its all the stuff up to the latest pc patch including the arena stuff, extra side quests etc) but it should take you a fair amount of time if you do everything (especially considering there are a couple big choices which straight up take you to COMPLETELY different areas filled with different quests, so you basically have to play it a minimum of 2 times to even get the majority of the stuff done as opposed to a lot of games where the choices really are superficial). Honestly I fucking love the witcher 2. The first game is great and all, but they really took a huge leap forward with the second one and improved on all the aspects of the first. It's quite refreshing because the combat is fun and flexible, the story is mature (not just excessive cussing/sexy bitchez for no reason, though i do think the sex stuff is a bit over the top and designed to give nerds boners) and the world is beautiful in graphics and art design.

I'm sure it won't be as good on the console as the PC due to limitations and whatnot, but if they took all the stuff up to the latest pc patch, dumbed down the graphics a bit etc I'd still say everyone who even slightly enjoys rpgs will love it. It's something you really can't get on consoles and while i hope they focus on pc more, its still cool console gamers are getting it. The choices are some of the most in depth in any current game in that they aren't just SAVE THE ORPHANAGE or RAPE AND KILL OLD LADIES and they actually truly do affect what happens in the story/game world as opposed to just a couple of dialogue options recut in.

Not only does it have all of the content from the PC version, it has more than the pc version does.

That'll be 59.99, plus dlc.

2i6yikn.jpg

Just how fucking awesome it is. And hard.

:lol: It's way easier now than when the PC version was first released.

Not only does it have all of the content from the PC version, it has more than the pc version does.

PC is supposed to get a patch to include all of the new stuff. How is TW2 release now anyway when it's not supposed to be out for at least another week? Did it get released early, or are you talking about other means?

Anyway, this was released last Friday I guess (thought it wouldn't be out until the 28th): http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960564-xenoblade-chronicles/articles.html