Gaming Thread

HOLY SHIT!

We all played FF7, yeah.

But I'm just now being informed of what a "Flower Girl" is, Aeris was a hooker! Had I known that, I might not have hated her for being such a lame character for the last decade. Wow!

Because she's initially described as 'flower girl', she's a hooker? It's not more logical that she was just a girl selling flowers, and the writers thought "flower girl" was a good way to describe a girl holding a flower basket and selling the player character a flower?

i really need to play through the witcher 2 some day... i've had it on steam for ages and i've only completed the prologue pretty much :D
i remember i tried to start playing again after 4 months or so and i had forgotten all the hotkeys etc, so the first thing i did was to pull out my sword (the monster slaying one, not the bitch penetrating one) and nearly got killed by the guards in town because i didn't remember how to sheathe it :lol:

Looks like Dragon Age is getting rebooted. They've also been saying they want it to be more like Skyrim. I'm happy about the reboot, as decent as Origins was the story and world were pretty boring.

Gotta hate that shit-eating audience, though. Applauding for things that should be standard.

"We're not reusing levels anymore!

There's going to be companions and stats!

We MIGHT just let you customize your armor!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope by "More like Skyrim" they just mean more open. Because as overrated as the DA franchise is, at least the characters were never boring. I don't want another FPS style game with terrible combat and a non existent narrative outside of the extremely short MQ.

Anyway, I know I sound like a broken record, but I've finally gotten to play Xenoblade Chronicles. Picked it up last night and am around eight hours in. I have to say that all of the hype leading up to it for the last couple of months has definitely NOT been exaggerated. If every console generation has to have a single JRPG that defines it, this would be it for the current gen, even though it's on hardware that's almost two generations ago.

I haven't had this much fun with a JRPG since Rogue Galaxy, and it also makes me think that this is a lot like what Lost Odyssey wished it could have been. The battle system is extremely fun, the art style is very well done (even though it would look better on modern hardware, it doesn't really take much away from the appeal) and it has by far, the best soundtrack I have heard in just about any game in ages. The music is fantastic. I'm getting that same feeling I had when I first played FF6.

I hope by "More like Skyrim" they just mean more open. Because as overrated as the DA franchise is, at least the characters were never boring. I don't want another FPS style game with terrible combat and a non existent narrative outside of the extremely short MQ.

Anyway, I know I sound like a broken record, but I've finally gotten to play Xenoblade Chronicles. Picked it up last night and am around eight hours in. I have to say that all of the hype leading up to it for the last couple of months has definitely NOT been exaggerated. If every console generation has to have a single JRPG that defines it, this would be it for the current gen, even though it's on hardware that's almost two generations ago.

I haven't had this much fun with a JRPG since Rogue Galaxy, and it also makes me think that this is a lot like what Lost Odyssey wished it could have been. The battle system is extremely fun, the art style is very well done (even though it would look better on modern hardware, it doesn't really take much away from the appeal) and it has by far, the best soundtrack I have heard in just about any game in ages. The music is fantastic. I'm getting that same feeling I had when I first played FF6.

Not going to bother arguing your points, but yeah, they meant it specifically in exporation and world size.

Of course, Bioware says a lot of things.

Btw, since TORtanic, EA's stock has plummeted from $26 to $15.

Well, it's not really TORtanic, although it has lost a lot of subscribers.

EA was voted worst company in America, they tried to cover that up by creating a campaign in which they claimed to be harassed by "thousands of letters" criticizing them for their homosexual romance option in Mass Effect 3 to make themselves look like heros, which they were just caught using bots to vote in. Then there's the whole Mass Effect 3 ending thing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/10/ea-anti-boycott-petition-flooded-by-spambots/

They're not doing as bad as Sony, though.

33o39fo.jpg

Sony in general is doing really bad. I hope I didn't buy a handheld only for it to cease production in a year :lol:

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about the Xeno- series as well. I should investigate further.