Gaming Thread

Haven't played online yet...thought there were different servers, but I guess not. I'm Samoth and my number is 1353 if you wanna look me up under the Euro server.

Stormo, what was it about Suikoden 5 you liked so much?

Wanting to give it a go.
What I didn't like was the fact that it had gaudy colours (my God the main character's eye-searing orange robe!!), but apart from that, I loved everything about it.

It's got 108 characters you can recruit (108!), and of those, around 60 can actually be put in the active party. The rest are commanders in big battles, or upgrade your HQ, or provide your party with support abilities, or host mini-games, or sell items at your base, and so on, and most can do a combination of those. The story and world are lovely. The combat system is decent, but that's not its main attraction. It's so good because it's just so gripping, both in terms of storytelling and in terms of characters. Every character of the 108 is memorable in his/her own way, and brings something more to the table. There are so few bland filler characters it's hard to believe.

Trust me, the first hour or two are a bit weird and it's hard to actually believe it'll be a great game during those first two or three, but trust me - you'll love it.

Sounds a lot like why I loved Suikoden 3. But my favorite thing about Suikoden 3 was its told between three point of views that don't come together until the end. S3 was kind of mid-evil European fantasy, this looks Roman to me is that right?

I ask because for some stupid reason I want to go back and beat 4 even though I hated it at the time. The setting was kind of cool.

E3 2012 is right around the corner, you PC guys should be interested if only to see how much consoles are going to hold your games back this generation!

E3 2012 Predictions
256vkew.gif

Gabe Newell will arrive on stage, announce he's pregnant, and will give birth to Halflife 3.

Nintendo will have a redesign and/or rename for the Wii-U. Will announce new Smash Brothers.

Sony will not reveal the PS4, only positive will be this new Sony Smash Brothers ripoff thing.

Microsoft will have Gaylo 4 and more Kinect shit. Maybe new console?

Skyrim Dawnguard DLC will be something lame with either Vampires or Werewolves.

Cock of Doody Black Cops 2.

Peter Monlynieux will do something really gay with his new Fable game.

Sounds a lot like why I loved Suikoden 3. But my favorite thing about Suikoden 3 was its told between three point of views that don't come together until the end. S3 was kind of mid-evil European fantasy, this looks Roman to me is that right?
No, it's also psuedo-medieval. Well, the architecture has a bit of an ancient Roman vibe in Sol-Falena, the starting area, but apart from that, it's all pseudo-medieval. No three viewpoints though, you play the entire game following the same storyline, but that doesn't make it any less awesome!

And yes, Jeane makes her return ;)

Jeane08.png

E3 2012 is right around the corner, you PC guys should be interested if only to see how much consoles are going to hold your games back this generation!

If I posted a :) for each time you say that I'd have more posts than Stefan and Darkgift combined! lololol

Sony will not reveal the PS4, only positive will be this new Sony Smash Brothers ripoff thing.

haven't they already said they're not going to reveal any new console stuff this time?

Also, how is it a smash bros ripoff when Smash bros weren't the first with the arena game mode, only the ones that popularized it hugely. If it can do it better I'm all for it, and it seems to go with the instakilly stuff from Thrill Kill/The Unholy Wars style which I find much better than the fly harder with more % that SSB has.

anyone play the ArmA 2 mod DayZ? sandbox zombie survival horror game, really buggy right now cause it's in alpha but super hard and rewarding you can team up or fight other survivors, repair vehicles and helicopters and raid cities for better supplies etc.

watch videos on youtube it is pretty awesome.

And yes, Jeane makes her return ;)

Her return? I don't remember her. Was she in Suikoden 3?

This is the new opening for Persona 4: Golden.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TmLdFBuf8Y&feature=related[/ame]

And the awesome soundtrack for Persona 5.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu0uvPZtI24&list=UU3RvLlYTuHzVY5I41P48soQ&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]