Gaming Thread

on a related note just got a LG G2x from my cousin for free with a busted digitizer. I'm going to replace the digitizer and get a mini HDMI cord for it then when I go over to my friend house for drunken video games we have the classics available in the form of emulators. Just bluetooth some Wii remotes to my phone, plug it into the TV and charge it and BAM, every major system since Playstation and down.

I'm going to start an A3-sized drawing (i.e. immense for my standards), with all the Shin Megami Tensei demons I can fit in, I'll have to limit myself to the most important/recurring/personal favourite ones though.

Will definitely be featured (off the top of my head):

PC demons: Orpheus, Thanatos, Messiah, Io, Hermes, Caesar (because Polydeuces looks like ass), Penthesilea, Palladion, Cerberus (DDS/Koromaru style), Lucia, Kala-Nemi (maybe), Varna, Agni, Prithivi, Vayu, Dyaus, Izanagi, Izanagi-no-Okami, Tomoe, Jiraya, Konohana-Sakuya, Take-Mikazuchi, Kanzeon, Yamato-Takeru, Izanami

Misc. demons and personae: Pixie, Angel <3 , Helel, Lilim, Lilith, Decarabia, Forneus, Isora, Jack Frost (obviously), Nekomata, Queen Mab, Rakshasa, Titania, Yamata-no-Orochi, Ahriman, Clotho/Lachesis/Atropos, Baphomet, Berith, Black/Red/White/Pale Rider, Harlot, Cu Chulainn, Daisoujou, Dominion, Eligor, Hell Biker, Horus, Kikuri-Hime, Loa, Matador, Metatron, Mot, Oberon, Odin, Orthrus, Ose, Parvati, Power, Pyro Jack, Quetzalcoatl, Sakahagi, Samael, Sarasvati, Sati, Scathach, Shiva, Skadi, Succubus, Surtr, Thor, Trumpeter, Unicorn, Michael, Uriel, Gabriel, Raphael, Alice with Nebiros and Belial, Ares, Belphgor (on the crapper!), Byakko, Cybele, Hua Po, Ishtar, Leanean Sidhe, Masakado, Omoikane, Satan, Virtue, Yaksini, Susano-O, Attis, Chernobog, Valkyrie, Yomotsu-Shikome, Medea, Hypnos, Moros, Camazotz, Usas, Rahu, Ravana, Hari-Hara... and I think that's all of them. If anyone sees an important demon I might be missing, let me know!

... NO, Mara, you're not invited!

Super_Mara_Brothers_by_PersonaSama.jpg

So, Im looking to get the guts for a Decent gaming rig. I need The MB, GPU, Power Supply, CPU, and Maybe Ram. I'm looking to spend at the most $700. I know New Egg has deals on Combo Items but I've never had the want to keep up with the PC Market. Any one have any good Ideas?

Also this game looks really, really cool. It's coming out for all consoles and PC, and obviously the PC version will be the one you want so you can upload ppl's songs. It's like Guitar Hero but you use your own real guitar. It looks like a really interesting and fresh new take on learning the guitar. There is so much theory and wanking and finger olympics today that I think this will breathe new life into budding guitarists. A seamless connection between my guitar and a video game? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTT8pJujXrM&feature=fvst[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mostly stealth gameplay though, right? I don't think it'll be my cup of tea, personally...

It's another Deus Ex game. The guy that is the lead designer also designed a lot of the original Deus Ex. The interview videos are kind of strange though, because they hype up the freedom you have to play the game in your own way as though this is the first time it's ever been implemented into a game.

If it's another Deus Ex game, then it's worth twice the price.

I don't understand how you think HR was similar to the original Deus Ex, aside from the title. The original was much deeper and had abilities that were actually useful. HR was a great game and I love it, but the original is still miles beyond.

Is oblivion worth getting? So far Skyrim is probably my favorite game ever with fallout 3/New Vegas/Bioshock/Assasins creed/Diablo 3 etc and I'm going to start buying more games as I've beat all of them and the only thing left to do is play COD and i'm getting sick of it.

What online game do you guys play? My cousin use to play WoW but I tried it when I was really young and couldn't figure out the whole system and how everything worked so I just played private servers, then like 6 months ago I played SWTOR for a while but I didn't like it that much and I got diablo 3 which isn't really a online game but fucking awesome anyways.

I'm thinking of trying quite a few more games as well, Dark souls, Darksiders 1/2, Demon souls, Borderlands 2, TES morrowind (if it doesn't suck)

I'm trying to find more games in the style of LOTR, Skyrim, Diablo etc, you know...

- Oblivion's fun yeah. It's a bit dated, and the faces look a bit like frogs, but apart from that, it's a very enjoyable game. The Morrowind fanboys will cry that it has fast travel and is therefore RUINED FOREVER, but it's a very good game, don't let the haters put you off.

- I don't play online games much, only a few co-op things but that's it. It's very frustrating having to rearrange your schedule all the time because of different time zones. And WoW isn't a game, it's work.

- Stay away from Dark Souls, it's horrible on PC.

- The best game ever made is Planescape: Torment. You should try it.

You were too young when WoW came out? It came out in like 2003...are you 12 or something?

Ah, nevermind. I see your avatar. You ARE 12, hehe.

Borderlands 2 is tons of fun, very similar to Diablo but in first person and much, much longer. Oblivion is a great game as well...not as good as Morrowind but it's tons of fun. You can't really go wrong with any of the Elder Scrolls.

Eve Online is probably the coolest, hardest, most mature adult-oriented online game. It's merciless and centers around PvP. It's my favorite MMO ever, and I've just about played them all. If you want true freedom, Eve is for you.