Gaming Thread

You were too young when WoW came out? It came out in like 2003...are you 12 or something?

Ah, nevermind. I see your avatar. You ARE 12, hehe.

Borderlands 2 is tons of fun, very similar to Diablo but in first person and much, much longer. Oblivion is a great game as well...not as good as Morrowind but it's tons of fun. You can't really go wrong with any of the Elder Scrolls.

Eve Online is probably the coolest, hardest, most mature adult-oriented online game. It's merciless and centers around PvP. It's my favorite MMO ever, and I've just about played them all. If you want true freedom, Eve is for you.
I'm 16 :heh:

- Oblivion's fun yeah. It's a bit dated, and the faces look a bit like frogs, but apart from that, it's a very enjoyable game. The Morrowind fanboys will cry that it has fast travel and is therefore RUINED FOREVER, but it's a very good game, don't let the haters put you off.

- I don't play online games much, only a few co-op things but that's it. It's very frustrating having to rearrange your schedule all the time because of different time zones. And WoW isn't a game, it's work.

- Stay away from Dark Souls, it's horrible on PC.

- The best game ever made is Planescape: Torment. You should try it.
Id be getting dark souls for PS3 not PC, in fact every game that isn't only on PC I get for PS3.

Except when it comes to GTA/RDD. And fighting games.

I'm the same way...I prefer the majority of games on PC unless they're more third-person/actionp-oriented like Tomb Raider, GTA, etc.

Ugh, Borderlands 2 just gets more and more addicting. Also, WOO! Worms: Revolution comes out tomorrow on Steam. Super hyped. I've been biding my time with Armegeddon.

If it's another Deus Ex game, then it's worth twice the price.

I don't understand how you think HR was similar to the original Deus Ex, aside from the title. The original was much deeper and had abilities that were actually useful. HR was a great game and I love it, but the original is still miles beyond.

Do you not understand the difference between "was similar" and "was the same"?:loco: Honestly it felt more like Deus Effect than anything.

Also, if anyone here cares about turn based strategy games (I love me some HoMM/King's Bounty), XCOM:EU is pretty goddamn fantastic. It's frustrating, but it's sooo good.

Mass Effect was head and shoulders above HR and in no way like it at all.

Yeah actually it was in an aesthetic sense. Quite a lot. It also had very similar mechanics, but sorry if you would rather be all black and white with your opinions ALL OF THE TIME than use logic.

Yeah actually it was in an aesthetic sense. Quite a lot. It also had very similar mechanics, but sorry if you would rather be all black and white with your opinions ALL OF THE TIME than use logic.

What? :guh:

If you want to be a pompous dick about this, you've met your match, sir. No one can be as pompous or dickish as moi...especially about something so clearly a stretch as your comparison between these two games.

I may have the tendency to be black and white with my opinions (ok, not may...I do), but you have the tendency to be the other extreme of the spectrum where your opinions are backed up only by more of your own odd opinions, and as such you demand that everyone not just respect them but concede that you have a point as some gaming guru, based SOLELY on the fact that you hold this opinion. No. You do not have a point. You tried this shit with Skyrim when it released and bitched and pissed and moaned and shat all over Bethesda about how simplistic the magic characters were, based solely on YOUR INTERPRETATION of what a magic character should be, and in the end the magic classes fucking owned.

The only things in which HR was like Mass Effect was that you pushed SHIFT and flattened or lowered yourself behind a wall, you could choose responses, and that you put points into "abilities"...that's it...and the ability part is stretching it. Hell, why not just say Metal Gear is like Mass Effect? I guess Skyrim is Mass Effect with swords and axes, then? Talk about oversimplifying and black and white....sheesh...listen to yourself and heed your own advice.

Logic? Calling it "Deus Effect" makes it sound like it's a third person shooter with RPG elements as impressive as Mass Effect when HR is a simple first-person shooter with rather average, old school Doom-esque FPS shooting mechanics, and whose RPG elements just skim the surface of the depth of the ME series. The story is kinda cool, BUT COME ON, MAN! I like HR, but just because you say HR is like ME in the Deus Ex universe doesn't make it so. You're completely free to believe that, more power to you...but don't try to call people out on lack of logic when your comparison is most definitely illogical.

You: "Borderlands 2 is a virtual copy of Diablo because it drops a lot of loot."

Me: "Well, not really. In the strictest sense, yes, that ONE mechanic is SIMILAR, but so are a bazillion other games. They have nothing in common, really."

You: "You're such an ass with your opinions rooted in fact. I don't know why you can't just be logical and agree with me. Just because it makes no sense doesn't mean that my clearly more enlightened and reaching opinion is illogical."

Me: *reacts to this as Daisy did to Scooter's poem*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows guild wars? I heard it was free to play and I watched some videos and it looked fucking baws. How is the combat system like? Is like the usual diablo/Wow/Swtor system? I don't play online games you have to pay for lol, big reason why I have a PS3 instead of a shitbox. :)