[geek]nerd[/geek]

Salamurhaaja: Yes, it´s that one, and neomail is the previous name.

But at the moment I still use it with outlook (and a bunch of other e-mail-addies, too), I use mozilla as browser, but I`d have to change all the mail stuff to the new one, and couldn´t find time for it yet. Probably then both is supersafe ;)
I use openwebmail also with browser, when I am not at home, so what you said sounds good :)
I´ll try to improve my computerstuff week by week. :cool:

Thanatos: :lol:

@fireangel: you can import your inbox and any emails you might have stored in outlook with thunderbird, so it wouldn't be a problem.

do you guys know how is the feature that makes most windows os's (me, 2000, xp...) only at first show the most recent opened files or given commands in the scrolldown menus called? and how to remove it so that it automatically shows the whole list straight away?
my co-worker is asking me about it. help appreciated.

in win2k, right-click on the taskbar and choose "properties". disable the last option, called something like "use personalized menus". should be somewhere around in xp/me as well.

uh, i don't think you would need an extra piece of hardware to program an eeprom, do you? or did you mean a human programmer ;)

i mean the thing you flash eeproms with, you know with new firmware. i cant do it on the device itself since the upgrade failed and the device is dead, so i need an external programmer. just looking around for one, otherwise i'll throw the hardware away and buy new. <- geeking with firmware and hardware :loco:

ah i see, well, what interfaces does that device have? or do you mean to disassemble it and insert the eeprom in that external obscure programming device?

Hmm, odd, works fine on my system with 1.8Ghz P4, 1Gig of RAM and
ATI Radeon 9600 with 128MB ram, I will check the actuall settings I
am playing with. BTW, make sure you choose application preference
in AA and AF settings on the graphics card settings.
Also the game doesn't really need much of it to look amazing.
I will check my settings later tho and let you know.

Hmm, interesting, I have just tested FarCry for a few hours and
either my graphics card is more powerful than I thought or the
game is real well optimized.

The game runs great with the following settings:

resolution: 1024x768x32
anti aliasing: medium

advanced settings
texture quality: high
texture filter quality: trilinear
anisotropic filtering level: 2
particle count: high
special effects quality: high
environment quality: high
shadow quality: high
water quality: high
lighting quality: high

other settings
enable gore
corpse stay: 360

I haven't tested higher settings yet, but right now the game looks excellent.

@CoT
What kind of a computer does your friend have?
The graphics card is the main thing, I think this game uses DX9 effects, so
if the card is a bit older I am not surprised if it's slow.