True to a great extent, but biology undoubtedly plays a part as well since females have brains which on average make us better at empathising and nurturing behaviour while boys are better with things like spatial awareness and are less naturally nurturing. The way that men are more inclined to be violent criminals than women are is not just down to environmental input, but to do with hormones and differences in the brain.
The best example is that of the man who was brought up from birth as a girl because his penis had been seriously damaged in a circumcision accident, and yet he always behaved in a male way and was extremely unhappy as a girl (he didn't know about what had happened to him and was not given any subtle clues that he was anything other than female). I should find the reference but it might take a lot of googling - must I?

Personally I was always equally keen on both boys and girls toys as a child and more inclined to discipline dolls than to hug them... Perhaps that is odd. And yet I am very feminine by all accounts and entirely heterosexual.
So I'm not sure about the toy thing. I would give my sons the option of having dolls, since rather than making them effeminate it might make them into considerate fathers. Depriving them of dolls against their wishes may even encourage homosexuality because it is making a huge issue out of gender, rather than it just being unimportant. I get the feeling homosexuals see gender and sexual orientation as being central to their identity rather than merely incidental. That's why I think they are mentally ill.

I believe biology still plays a big part too. I saw that programme and remember it vaguely.Ive often wondered why most of the violent criminals/rapists/muggers were male, I'm not a man hater but it does seem to be true. When was the last time you read in a paper that a gang of women raped a man? Yes I know there are isolated incidents of women acting in this way but its definately not the norm. I think its good if kids have an allround selection of toys/pursuits, not the just the ones aimed at their gender,so they can make their own choices and preferences.Do you honestly think gays are mentally ill?

Ive often wondered why most of the violent criminals/rapists/muggers were male, I'm not a man hater but it does seem to be true.

The more testosterone, the more likely violent crime. Applies to males as well as certain ethnic groups who head the statistics for violent crime. However, most intelligent criminals pick a different form of crime. Your average mugger is clueless. So Might isn't Right here ... ;)

What moderns call "Gender" should really be called "Gender Identity." Not all men want to be men. I don't really bother much time with it, as in my view, if you get rid of society's parasites, non-parasitic homosexuals and transgenders could be a boon -- but since most people obsessed with sex are parasites, hetero or no, there wouldn't be many.

The more testosterone, the more likely violent crime. Applies to males as well as certain ethnic groups who head the statistics for violent crime. However, most intelligent criminals pick a different form of crime. Your average mugger is clueless. So Might isn't Right here ... ;)

What moderns call "Gender" should really be called "Gender Identity." Not all men want to be men. I don't really bother much time with it, as in my view, if you get rid of society's parasites, non-parasitic homosexuals and transgenders could be a boon -- but since most people obsessed with sex are parasites, hetero or no, there wouldn't be many.

Good reply.