• A) Dokken - Back For The Attack

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • B) Pantera - I Am The Night

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Notuern

Bloody vaginal belch
Oct 20, 2007
So i got a gift card for a tattoo for christmas.. so which one of these should i get?

A)
Dokken_-_Back_for_the_Attack.jpg

B)
2299026814_db3588daeb.jpg

Im getting it on my upper arm.

I'd say get something original that reflects your own life and experiences... Those things might be big parts of life for some, but I personally find most tattoos pretty tasteless, unless it's something that's been really put some thought into.

No offense, but I often find that people take tattoos for wrong reasons like they were somehow easily removable once you get bored of them. It's obviously not my business what people do to themselves, anyway.

Out of those two, I'd say Pantera.

I hate to say, but I wouldn't get either.

When you're 70 years old and you have a faded Dokken tattoo on you that no one will understand, it will be weird. Get something that has meaning for you, and that is original.

yeah, i'm going to agree with the guys above and say get some original - for example im a huge chelsea (football) fan but the thought of getting a tattoo of it is really cheesy and kind of like showing like im trying to prove something. its seriously something that I really base my life off atm and is a huge part of who I am, but its definitely not something id just stick on my body.

Man, when you're 70 years old, who gives a fuck what you have tattooed on you? :lol: I say go for it dude, I of course agree that tattoos that don't mean much to you are lame (and I think sports tattoos are trumped only by tribals or barbed wire in terms of lameness :loco: ), but fuck it, think of either of the above pictures as just generally representing how important 80s metal is to you, both in terms of listening to it and playing it yourself! (hence why my first tattoo was the Zyklon razer-wheel on my upper-back, symbolizing my general love of modern European metal :headbang: )

sports is a weird one, as id say sports culture over here is way different to over there (at least so stereotypes would make out). even still thats something thats with you untill the day you die.

fair enough a tattoo can represent some part of your life, but for me, I change tastes in music way too regularly to commit myself to any one thing.

Neither

Get something that is a reflection of you, not another band's logo or artwork. I've had my band for over 10 years and I'm not even sure I'd get something from my own artwork inked on me but hey, thats me. If you're absolutely committed to getting one of the 2 pics you put up, get the Pantera ...

Dokken blows ;)

Dude, do it for yourself, fuck what everyone in this thread says. If you want to get a Projects in the Jungle tat, go for it. If you wanna get a my little pony tatoo with rainbows and marshamallows go for it. If it's something important to you it doesn't fucking matter if you came up with it or not, or what anyone says about it. If anyone asks what it is and they say it's weird, fuck them for having a stick up their twat.

When you're 70 years old and you have a faded Dokken tattoo on you that no one will understand, it will be weird. Get something that has meaning for you, and that is original.

That makes no sense to me what so ever..

So what you are suggesting is that i get a tattoo that has a meaning to me, that i have to explain for other people in order for them to understand it... and that it somehow different from getting a tattoo of my favorite records ever, that would fail because i would have to explain them when i am 70 years old? o,0

Man, when you're 70 years old, who gives a fuck what you have tattooed on you? :lol: I say go for it dude, I of course agree that tattoos that don't mean much to you are lame (and I think sports tattoos are trumped only by tribals or barbed wire in terms of lameness :loco: ), but fuck it, think of either of the above pictures as just generally representing how important 80s metal is to you, both in terms of listening to it and playing it yourself! (hence why my first tattoo was the Zyklon razer-wheel on my upper-back, symbolizing my general love of modern European metal :headbang: )

You seem to get my point! ;)
Seriously, i really feel like i was born 10 years to late.
I feel like i should have lived through the 80's, not because it was "better in those days", but because it just feels like i should have lived back then.. hard to explain.
Also, those records are the ones that has influenced my playing style the most.

Neither

Get something that is a reflection of you, not another band's logo or artwork. I've had my band for over 10 years and I'm not even sure I'd get something from my own artwork inked on me but hey, thats me. If you're absolutely committed to getting one of the 2 pics you put up, get the Pantera ...

Dokken blows ;)

In my eyes, those records are a reflection of me.
They are my favorite records _EVER_, and they have had a big part in my life.

Dude, do it for yourself, fuck what everyone in this thread says. If you want to get a Projects in the Jungle tat, go for it. If you wanna get a my little pony tatoo with rainbows and marshamallows go for it. If it's something important to you it doesn't fucking matter if you came up with it or not, or what anyone says about it. If anyone asks what it is and they say it's weird, fuck them for having a stick up their twat.

Good point.. thanks man!

Also, im feeling a bit skeptical if these people preferring the Pantera tattoo have even heard the Pre-Phil stuff! :lol: