Getting a tattoo..

Which tattoo to get?

• A) Dokken - Back For The Attack

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • B) Pantera - I Am The Night

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
I got my tat when I was 17 (straight out of high school) and regret getting it...I plan on getting a cover up sometime soon.

Definitely get something significant in your life. You won't regret it later on.

If either of those band logos mean something to you and represent a time in your life you would like to memorialize, then fuck what everyone else thinks and do it for yourself. You have no need to explain your reasoning - it's obvious that Dokken and Pantera have had a huge influence on you in that you are even considering them for tattoos. Hell, odds are once you get one, you will get another so just flip a coin for which will be first :)

what band is a bigger influence to you? personally, im saying pantera, but thats because i plan on getting a CFH :lol: and im getting it because if it wasnt for them, i wouldnt listen to metal. they were that spark for me. which one was that for you?

Hell, odds are once you get one, you will get another so just flip a coin for which will be first :)

Good idea!
Might just end up doing that one! :D

what band is a bigger influence to you? personally, im saying pantera, but thats because i plan on getting a CFH :lol: and im getting it because if it wasnt for them, i wouldnt listen to metal. they were that spark for me. which one was that for you?

Well, both are equal to me. ;X
Pantera is the band that got me kicked in to the metal scene as well, and Dimebag was the guitarist that got me in to playing guitar in the first place.
Dokken was like a musical "rebirth" for me, as i had the same kind of "awakening" as i had by Pantera.. and i cant think of another record i spent so much time listening to, analyzing and borrowing ideas from as "Back For The Attack".

Bah, il just get both as Jind said! :lol:

Get them on your butt cheeks! One per side! :lol:

+1

i got a new one after my birthday

14434_206882986202_533461202_454168.jpg

Get the pantera one dude!

I'm yet to get a tattoo but i'm hoping to get one in May when i turn 18. I've had the chance to be inked but decided against it because i want a good tattooist to do it when i'm of legal age. and i know i'm younger than a lot of people here but the way i see it, i might have a stupid sagging tattoo on me when im 70 but i can look at it and go "i remember when i got that done, i fucking loved that".

and for the record i'm going to get the cover of And Justice For All on my upper right arm. I've been set on getting it now for over a year so i'm really set on doing it. Was thinking about getting something small for my first tattoo but fuck it, And Justice For All is awesome.

When you're 70 you're guaranteed, pretty much, to be ugly and wrinkly anyway, who the fuck cares enough about "when they're seventy" enough not get a tattoo.

I'm sure when I'm 70 I'm sure I'll regret a lot of stuff, but I'd doubt getting tattooed would be high on that list.

Well it won't be on your body so why do you care?

Frankly, I don't care. I was making a joke.

Anyway, to me, getting a band logo for a tattoo is clearly wanting to give an impression of some sort, even if you wouldn't admit it. Some people will think you're cool and some people will think you're an ass. In most cases, I fall to the latter category. What people think though shouldn't affect your own decisions, so I really encourage everyone to do whatever the hell they want. So I guess there's nothing more to talk about, if the decision has already been made.

Get both.

Im actually quite surprised that you guys actually WANT to live when your 70! :lol:
If i dont die of alcohol poisoning before my 50's, i will build a huge as fuck rocket and try to fly to the moon! COWABUNGA SUCKERS! :kickass:

Frankly, I don't care. I was making a joke.

Anyway, to me, getting a band logo for a tattoo is clearly wanting to give an impression of some sort, even if you wouldn't admit it. Some people will think you're cool and some people will think you're an ass. In most cases, I fall to the latter category. What people think though shouldn't affect your own decisions, so I really encourage everyone to do whatever the hell they want. So I guess there's nothing more to talk about, if the decision has already been made.

Get both.

I didn't mean for that to sound like I was being a dick. I just don't get why people are so gung ho about their 70s haha.

Im actually quite surprised that you guys actually WANT to live when your 70! :lol:

Actually, I completely agree with you on that one. I don't think I want to live up to my 70's (unless that means I'll have a horrible, painful premature death)

I didn't mean for that to sound like I was being a dick. I just don't get why people are so gung ho about their 70s haha.

No probs man. I think people often don't get my jokes. I'm telling you, it CAN get frustrating! :lol:

From my post.

What I was trying to say was, if I thought about the bands that I would want tattoo'd on me 10 years ago, now that I am in my 30's I would be very regretful about it.

I was just saying that you should be absolutely positively sure.

SO - what I was saying is, if you do go with one o the above, just be sure about it.