Getting into Opeth

Ozzman

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2002
Visit site
I've never heard any and I was wondering what a good album to buy was? I've heard great things about them and I have a couple songs downloading but I hate digital music and want to know what to buy

you should probably get blackwater park: first listen with that album and youre sold. the other albums are a bit more complicated though. youd have to listen to them several times more, all the way through, but youd probably end up liking those even more.

but if youre listening to opeth for the first time, you should definately go out and buy blackwater park.

Sorry I disagree.. I bought Blackwater Park first and while I liked it alot..

I didn't really get Opeth until I bought Still Life. It is their masterpiece especially if you are coming from a progressive music standpoint versus a death metal one.. that said.

BUY STILL LIFE!

Brandon

I agree autumn falls,,,,i think that still life is the best cd to start out with. It is a great mix of progressive and death metal.

I'm coming from a progressive/Power Metal side like Dream Theater and Symphony X so I'll try Black Water Park and Still Life

Still Life is good. Blackwater is better produced but the songs have less flow and are a little more dissonant, plus it's heavier. So it might not be the best if you're coming from there. Or who knows.