My first Opeth album

seventi

Viva Lonliness!
Mar 8, 2002
The Third Place
Visit site
Yes, I'm quite new to them altough I've heard some songs here and there. A couple of days ago I bought my first Opeth album "Deliverance" and I must say, they are really good and the band impresses me. So, I'm thinking on getting other albums and was wondering which one I should get first. I will get a copy of Blackwater Park soon, but what other albums are there?

Btw, I really like the song "Benighted". From which album is it?

Originally posted by seventi
Yes, I'm quite new to them altough I've heard some songs here and there. A couple of days ago I bought my first Opeth album "Deliverance" and I must say, they are really good and the band impresses me. So, I'm thinking on getting other albums and was wondering which one I should get first. I will get a copy of Blackwater Park soon, but what other albums are there?

Btw, I really like the song "Benighted". From which album is it?

Oh man if you like Deliverance you'll love all the others...they are, in order:

Orchid
Morningrise
My arms, your hearse
Still life (Benighted can be found here...)
Blackwater park

It doesn't really matter which album you get...they're equally awesome.

'Benighted' is from Still Life.

my own ranking of their albums in order of how good i think they are is:

-Blackwater Park
-My Arms, Your Hearse
-Morningrise
-Still Life
-Deliverance
-Orchid

I (almost) envy you for having so much musical delicacies to discover. Of course, "Morningrise" and "Orchid" are their best

Yep. They're all essential listening. The only one I could say I like the least is My Arms Your Hearse, but thats just my opinion.

All the rest are equal to me.

Thanx guys. I must say I really enjoy the new album and just yesterday I got a copy of Blackwater Park - deluxe edition. I haven't listend to it yet except one song and it sounds great!

The band surely got a new fan. I will get the rest of the albums as soon as I can.

I love Benighted so the first choice goes to Still Life I think!