Ghost Reveries haters - state your case!

it was a good album overall, i just don't like what Per adds to their sound. I liked Opeth much better without the pianos which is weird because Mikael has mentioned in an interview that they wouldn't be a band to add different instruments to their sound

which is weird because Mikael has mentioned in an interview that they wouldn't be a band to add different instruments to their sound

And of course once anyone says anything it is set in stone and completely unrealistic for them to change their minds later on.

The keyboards in GR are soo bad. I wished they were bever there ever since the first time I heard it.

The keyboards in GR are soo bad. I wished they were bever there ever since the first time I heard it.

What the fuck are you talking about. Speak English you tool.

you're funny :) anyone can act like a badass on the internet. i'm just stating my opinion, you don't have to be such a cocksucker. i am an opeth fanatic as well though, they are my favorite band i just really don't like the addition of the keys.

The keys add a lot for me. It was a new direction, and worked well. Many people on this forum note that Baying is one of the best songs on GR, yet that song starts off with keys (ripping at that:kickass:). Although I'd have to say Harlequin Forest is my favorite off GR.

Anyway, each album is unique, which is why Opeth continue to rule everyone's ass on this forum, and then some.

Bands that don't add new styles, influences, directions, etc to their music tend to wash themselves up...

What the fuck are you talking about. Speak English you tool.

Oh sorry "never"

Please don't call me a tool. I'm entitled to have my own opinion.

I'm surprised (and confused) that so many Opeth fans consider Ghost Reveries a disappointment.

Why?

GR got me into Opeth, and I still consider it a classic.
Great songs, excellent production... granted, not their BEST work. It's disjointed, lacks a certain direction, and the fat could use a little trimming.

Curious about your perspective... :kickass:

I don't hate the album, I just think it's okay. It's just too... standard. Too typical of Opeth. I don't hear any mistakes being made as a result of chances being taken. Some parts feel generic. The only song that really does anything for me as a whole is Baying of the Hounds. The production gives the album a terribly fake quality and sound as well. It's unstimulating and boring to listen to in that regard.

Thankfully, Watershed is the most delivering Opeth album since BWP and the only one I've been a bit excited about since then. So, from my perspective, things are looking up.

The album is way over processed.

I love Lopez's drumming on GR. Its fuckin phenomenal, but the tone of his drums are bleh.