Ghost Reveries haters - state your case!

rubbish, listen to ghost of perdition again, it's got several cut and paste sections, like when the tool part comes in and when they go back to the *higher* part the last time. the whole thing is far less organic than their earlier discs.

Does it have to be like the previous material... personally the first time I heard GoP I was like what the fuck, but after a few listens - it's just overwhelmingly amazing.. like an artillery barrage against your ears.

I think no matter how much of an 'old-school' Opeth fan you are, you couldn't deny that Ghost of Perdition is perfectly crafted- to me, it is just the most well-structured progressive metal song ever written, it's fucking monstrous.

I personally love GR- it has an old-school, vintage 'progressive' feel and sound, which I love. However I could see why some 'peth fans wouldn't like it.

I don't like Ghost of Perdition much but Harlequin Forest is my favorite non ballad Opeth song ever. I think. Maybe not. Ghost Reveries grew on me a lot once Watershed came out, not that I don't like Watershed.

This cd is way underrated for no reason at all. It's musically their craziest with the most interesting rhythms, and time signatures to date. It also has its share of long songs, but unlike most Opeth releases the song structures make sense, and don't seem like 2 or 3 songs smashed together. Plus it pretty varied when compared to most the other releases. Lastly the production is top notch.

Ghost Reveries is the sound of a band at the peak of their talents. Watershed is the sound of that band more or less crashing into a redwood tree.

Okay sorry. :) I don't hate Watershed that much. I just am very disappointed especially in the light of GR.