Ghost Reveries in Borders stores

zortz

Sep 8, 2005
Santa Clara, CA USA
FYI, looks like they're getting some pretty good distribution with RR. The Borders in Milpitas, CA, USA had three copies of GR and also a copy of Damnation. Borders is of course primarily a book store, and usually terrible for stocking esoteric metal bands (I don't bother even going there to find most bands I'm into, instead hitting Rasputin or Tower, or just ordering online). So it's probably a 'good sign' that RR is doing a good job at getting their music out into the stores.

pac1288 said:
It's nothing new really.

Damnation was stocked at the Borders here in Santa Cruz too when it had just been released also.

Ah. Maybe nothing special then. I just know every time I'm in a Borders to buy books and pop into the music/video section to maybe see if they have something I'm looking for, 90% of the time they don't have it. Maybe they've improved, or somehow, Opeth got on the radar with Borders somehow.

Wait Borders has Opeth? Well now they have sold out. i don't mind some kids at the mall liking my heroes but a bunch of book reading dorks!? THATS IT FUCK OPETH!

The dream is dead.

For some reason the grammer on my post is fucked. oh well I guess I'm just being a nerd.

As with your post: it makes sense and I'm in agreement with you.

Ok I think I'm leaving now. I've had enough UM for today.

'Till next session.

(post directed at Zorts)

Austin said:
Wait Borders has Opeth? Well now they have sold out. i don't mind some kids at the mall liking my heroes but a bunch of book reading dorks!? THATS IT FUCK OPETH!

The dream is dead.

Yeah kill yourself to while your at it.

Ok now I'm officially logged out of here.

the borders here have had Opeth ever since I got into them back in late 2003. I bought "still life" from them in winter 2003. I have often ordered cd's from them because they usually come out to the same price as ordering online w/shipping.

Austin said:

The dream is dead.

sir, I'm sorry I can't understand what you're saying with that giant cock in your mouth.

chug your mommy's pills.

yeah...the cold truth is that cd stores like Borders, Wherehouse, Circuit City and Best Buy have been selling Opeth albums since Blackwater Park's release in 2001. ::gasp::...thought you guys would already know that.

Dreadful said:
yeah...the cold truth is that cd stores like Borders, Wherehouse, Circuit City and Best Buy have been selling Opeth albums since Blackwater Park's release in 2001. ::gasp::...thought you guys would already know that.

Yeah, I actually don't mind seeing Opeth's music at large stores. I've even seen Orchid at a few book stores. No big deal, really. They still make good music; what does it matter if they suddenly have more fans? More power to them.

Damn this board is fucked up.

Austin said:

The dream is dead.

In case none of you noticed, he was being sarcastic.

My Borders must suck then. Half the time they don't even have the books I'm looking for (big SF/F fan here), let alone music.

I usually hit Rasputin for music. They have a big metal section (yes, separate section for metal. they even have a separate section for prog, if I recall).

Eh, it's not a big deal. My local FYE had 15 copies of Ghost Reveries, and at least one copy of every other Opeth album.

But that's because I work there and make sure we have a constant supply of Opeth. :D