Gig the 3/5 '03

Damn, I never went to the show even though I live only 200 kms away :(
That's just because I ain't a member of Kulturfrämjandet, hahahaha

Well, if someone was there you have to give us an opinion at least :)

No more gigs than those on the "tourdates" section are planned at the moment

mr v

An audience are hardly ever concentrated more that 50 minutes.....so personally we had an ideal frame....could probably squeeze in some more, but we want to keep it interesting and intense.

mr V

@Tyr: Ok, I'll give it a shot then.

Living in Skellefteå, I’ve had the opportunity to see Vintersorg live a couple of times, and the gigs have grown bigger from gig to gig. I have for a long time wished for someone who can do some backing vocals live to. And now my wishes came true. And that's good for more than just one reason, the man responsible for the backing vocals, Tyr, is also responsible for a shitload of groovy bassthingys. When I got my hands on "Visions..." I hardly thought "E.S.P. Mirage" would be performed live, due to the very important bass intro. But I guess I was wrong. I did get to hear it live.
The slightly invisible keyboardplayer Micke Is is another guy who just puts the level a step higher. It's one thing to hear fast keyboardsolos (that aren't just fast, but good to), but something completely else to see them be played by someone who's head is sweeping about 3-5 cm above the keyboard.
Benny behind the battery gave a strong backbone with his confident drumming. I can’t really say wether he was having a good or bad day, but to me it worked without faults. The problem there was the lousy sound leaving us with a snare and bass drum sounding like pee and poo. And since those two elements of the kit where the only ones we did get to hear it’s hard to get an opinion.
The same thing goes for the guitars. How can a sound engineer mix the guitars so low they can’t be heard? Metal IS guitars for gods sake! All I can say is that it looked as if mr V and Mattias made a good joob.
Mr Vs voice, on the other hand, was totally killer. I’m so impressed by the way that he switches from growl to clean singing. Or maybe that’s the thing, he doesn’t seem to switch. It’s all just melodies to him, it seems.
But, as I earlier stated, I’d say the gig was to short. I would have been delighted to see an extra number. Or two.

Remember: I was drunk so I might just be... wrong.

Now I’d say it’s time for a review of the opening act! *mwahahah!*

Vintersorg said:
An audience are hardly ever concentrated more that 50 minutes.....so personally we had an ideal frame....could probably squeeze in some more, but we want to keep it interesting and intense.

mr V

Shouldn´t a vintersorggig be intresting in more then 50min?? I don´t belive in that :)

sunset said:
@Tyr: Ok, I'll give it a shot then.

Living in Skellefteå, I’ve had the opportunity to see Vintersorg live a couple of times, and the gigs have grown bigger from gig to gig. I have for a long time wished for someone who can do some backing vocals live to. And now my wishes came true. And that's good for more than just one reason, the man responsible for the backing vocals, Tyr, is also responsible for a shitload of groovy bassthingys. When I got my hands on "Visions..." I hardly thought "E.S.P. Mirage" would be performed live, due to the very important bass intro. But I guess I was wrong. I did get to hear it live.
The slightly invisible keyboardplayer Micke Is is another guy who just puts the level a step higher. It's one thing to hear fast keyboardsolos (that aren't just fast, but good to), but something completely else to see them be played by someone who's head is sweeping about 3-5 cm above the keyboard.
Benny behind the battery gave a strong backbone with his confident drumming. I can’t really say wether he was having a good or bad day, but to me it worked without faults. The problem there was the lousy sound leaving us with a snare and bass drum sounding like pee and poo. And since those two elements of the kit where the only ones we did get to hear it’s hard to get an opinion.
The same thing goes for the guitars. How can a sound engineer mix the guitars so low they can’t be heard? Metal IS guitars for gods sake! All I can say is that it looked as if mr V and Mattias made a good joob.
Mr Vs voice, on the other hand, was totally killer. I’m so impressed by the way that he switches from growl to clean singing. Or maybe that’s the thing, he doesn’t seem to switch. It’s all just melodies to him, it seems.
But, as I earlier stated, I’d say the gig was to short. I would have been delighted to see an extra number. Or two.

Remember: I was drunk so I might just be... wrong.

Now I’d say it’s time for a review of the opening act! *mwahahah!*

Thanking you for taking time :)