Gigantour sucked.

Feb 19, 2005
Ohio
They could've picked four better songs.

Like...
Face of Melinda instead of Windowpane
I guess Ghost of Perdition was alright since they had to play something off of GR.
Blackwater Park instead of The Leper Affinity
and By the Pain I see in Others instead of Deliverance.

im sure someon in there loved that setlist....the thing is they cant play everyones fav. songs all the time...!!!........i understand ure disspoaintment...but u have to understand they cannot keep playin every single song ppl ask for u know...sorry u didnt liek it...!!!!....but then agian im sure for that one disspointed fan there were soem satisfied ones too...!!!...PEAC EOUT

Stop being a delusional idiot.

Your lucky to get those songs at a fan show none the less a festival.

Godheads Lament AND The Leaper Affinity in a short set is godly. Everything else is a added bonus.

Maybe the drummer can't play those songs?
Maybe they can't incorporate keyboards into any of the songs you wanted?
Maybe the don't give a fuck about you? They don't, really.

BTW, Deliverance > By the Pain I see in Others in many aspects

I was happy with the 4 they picked.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like BTPISIO will ever be played live

Let's just put it this way - there was nothing special about Opeth's performance. Nothing memorable. It was a standard set with no frills and no surprises. Should that make you angry? No, but Opeth failed to impress me as much as many of the other bands did. That's unfortunate.

Under_the_Weeping_Moon said:
They could've picked four better songs.

Like...
Face of Melinda instead of Windowpane
I guess Ghost of Perdition was alright since they had to play something off of GR.
Blackwater Park instead of The Leper Affinity
and By the Pain I see in Others instead of Deliverance.

You're lucky their setlist was even that long. All hail the dark gods.

@Opeth8, that's probably because that song relies so heavily on the production, that it might not work out live. And I don't think Mikael likes it very much, but that didn't stop him from revisiting The Night and the Silent Water.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

when i asked mikael why they wouldnt play when on the last aussie tour he said they just play the set they rehearse and are used to, and can pull off without thinking. they tour so much nowadays its like clockwork, so don't be suprised if there are unenthusiastic performances. they just want to go home already!