Gigantour sucked.

They didn't do Drapery but they did the Leper Affinity which was very good...they did Windowpane as well, which I enjoyed.

Hey, just like any band..they do what they do and you are there...are you going to whine about every band you ever see because they don't call you personally to ok their set list for every show? That's ridiculous.

christ, stop whining.. i dont know whats worse, people who think opeth should customize their setlist to what THEY like, or the fucking lamb of god fans yelling "get off the stage" during windowpane..

so maybe i dont want to beat the fuck out of someone who at least likes opeth, but still.. just shut the hell up and be happy your seeing them.

i feel soooooo sorry for opeth and the shit they have to put up with, their whole unsatisfied fans and constant pointing out their faults and their weakest points. guys, they're only human! they make INCREDIBLE music. the appreciation thread should be packed! if you could only just go to the show enjoy the songs they play, not happy with the playlist? fine then. do something about it. something appropriate not like in the middle of a soft mellow part of a song yell out PLAY DELIVERNACE or something, but go to the other shows? wait till they come to your town again. follow them around! Buy Lamentations for all i care, just know that those guys work their asses off, it aint easy to get up in front of a stage of people every night having to put up with their shit PLAY THIS and PLAY THAT. just be appreciative. appreciative that you are watching the one and only ALMIGHTY OPETH!!

I just saw Gigantour yesterday at PNC. It was great, however I wish their set was longer, obviously. I'd gladly would have sacrificed the hour of Lamb of God - they're atrocious - for an extra hour of Opeth...Hell, I wish it was pure Opethage. Oh well. A girl can only dream...tear

Under_the_Weeping_Moon said:
They could've picked four better songs.

Like...
Face of Melinda instead of Windowpane
I guess Ghost of Perdition was alright since they had to play something off of GR.
Blackwater Park instead of The Leper Affinity
and By the Pain I see in Others instead of Deliverance.

Mike must not have gotten your text msg....

I recently saw Opeth in Toronto Gigantour. I must say - I really love this band now after! Although I came for Arch Enemy, and Opeth wasnt among any of my favourites. Before I saw them I used to like only like 4 songs, and rarely listening to them... I used to think their music is slow and melancholic. But now I love it, I just can't explain... it appears to me so intellectual, unusual and it looked like it was damn hard to play too, songs are so long. So, I guess Opeth has just a got a new fan :lol: And their tour wasnt for nothing.

So, all of you who whine about Opeth - shame on you! I wasnt even a fan and I loved it!

shumik said:
I recently saw Opeth in Toronto Gigantour. I must say - I really love this band now after! Although I came for Arch Enemy, and Opeth wasnt among any of my favourites. Before I saw them I used to like only like 4 songs, and rarely listening to them... I used to think their music is slow and melancholic. But now I love it, I just can't explain... it appears to me so intellectual, unusual and it looked like it was damn hard to play too, songs are so long. So, I guess Opeth has just a got a new fan :lol: And their tour wasnt for nothing.

So, all of you who whine about Opeth - shame on you! I wasnt even a fan and I loved it!

Most people here act elitist, but they are assholes. They are starting to sound a lot like TOOL fans. ( I love TOOL , but can't stand most of the whiny fans. Maynard is just a human, not the second coming.) I totally agree with you about the intellectual side of Opeth, and think that there music is for a person who has an attention span more than two minutes, and then skips to the next song.

I hope you can get deep into the catalog because it is truly amazing. There is enough music to last a year without getting tired of it.

MixGrafix said:
there music is for a person who has an attention span more than two minutes, and then skips to the next song.
I've also noticed that Opeth is not best as "background music". Like, surfing the net while listening to Blackwater Park doesn't do the album justice (or any other Opeth material for that matter.) Lying on my bed with a good set of speakers or headphones is the way to go.
[/wayofftopic]

schlabayzell said:
I just saw Gigantour yesterday at PNC. It was great, however I wish their set was longer, obviously. I'd gladly would have sacrificed the hour of Lamb of God - they're atrocious - for an extra hour of Opeth...Hell, I wish it was pure Opethage. Oh well. A girl can only dream...tear

Give me a break....Opeth was good and nice and all of that, but Lamb of God shook the fucking Earth...they are all but atrocious...that's very closed minded. I was there too and everyone did very good sets.

LightningLixxx said:
I've also noticed that Opeth is not best as "background music". Like, surfing the net while listening to Blackwater Park doesn't do the album justice (or any other Opeth material for that matter.) Lying on my bed with a good set of speakers or headphones is the way to go.
[/wayofftopic]

I agree...it's not good driving music either...but I love Blackwater Park with headphones in a dark rrom, and even warmed up to Damnation the same way.

Under_the_Weeping_Moon said:
They could've picked four better songs.

Like...
Face of Melinda instead of Windowpane
I guess Ghost of Perdition was alright since they had to play something off of GR.
Blackwater Park instead of The Leper Affinity
and By the Pain I see in Others instead of Deliverance.

Do you want a tissue to dry your eyes dear?