Give me atmosphere, Give me escapism

So far, interested in....

In the Woods... - HEart of the Ages
Astrofaes - Heritage or Ancestors' Shadows
Primordial - A Journey's End (also forgot Erik wrote a rather cool review for it)
Aphotic - the only thing is, no MP3 samples either at their own site or the label???

JayKeeley said:
So far, interested in....

In the Woods... - HEart of the Ages
Astrofaes - Heritage or Ancestors' Shadows
Primordial - A Journey's End (also forgot Erik wrote a rather cool review for it)
Aphotic - the only thing is, no MP3 samples either at their own site or the label???
ya, definitely the Primordial and ItW. I have those two Astrofaes CDs, but I haven't listened enough to give a good judgment.

and yes, Wyrd definitely fits in this thread.

Erik said:
"A Journey's End" is Primordial's best and most melancholic album... I love it. Aphotic's demos are cheap (especially on eBay) and I can almost promise that a blind purchase won't disappoint.
That's cool about Primordial. I have Spirit the Earth Aflame, and I really like it. I don't know why I don't have more Primordial, so I shall venture deeper. I'll look out for some Aphotic too.

Does anyone have any update on the Nest/Agalloch split btw?

JayK, just a heads up. You can get A Journey's End from Martyr Music Group for $10 p/p. It's the re-issue with a bonus track or two, and comes with a cool slipcase.

The original is long OOP, having been released on Misanthropy.

Their demo is being re-issued with lots of stuff, with the four original songs, plus two unreleased songs plus covers of Bathory - Total Destruction and Darkthrone - To Walk the Infernal Fields. I think both covers are live.

There's also talk of an included DVD which is a recording of a live show which includes six songs.

J. said:
JayK, just a heads up. You can get A Journey's End from Martyr Music Group for $10 p/p. It's the re-issue with a bonus track or two, and comes with a cool slipcase.
If I get this then I'll be teh coolest because...er...I'll have a bonus track or two, a cool slipcase, and my dashing good looks.

OK I just bought both Aphotic CDs from Red Stream ($13), and HEart of the Ages from half.com for $7 (original Misanthropy version if that means anything).

Next will be Primordial and Astrofaes.

JayKeeley said:
HEart of the Ages from half.com for $7 (original Misanthropy version if that means anything).
i have this one too. i don't think there's any difference between the Misanthropy version and the newer one.

man, you should have gotten Aphotic's 'Stillness Grows':

http://www.floodtheearth.com/home.html

This release collects the previously unreleased Stillness Grows EP, plus the Under Veil of Dark and Self-titled EPs. This is the full discography of Aphotic's works to date.

A gorgeous, 8 page color booklet has been designed by Cursed Productions for this release. Lyrics for all 3 eps are included.

Available now from Flood The Earth Records for only $10 US/Canada & $12 Rest of the World

Yeah I knew about that, but there was something cool about having the original limited editions. And both are complete blind purchases too, so I'll probably have better luck re-selling them (if necessary) when they're HTF.

i'm really starting to appreciate bergthorn (actually listening to wotanskult/jagdheim right now) and in my modest opinion they're way better than astrofaes which prestened some really average fastpaced (melodious) black metal with "eyes of the beast". i've only heard that one and perhaps their other material is better

I havent listened to Eyes of the Beast in a While. Im currently listening to my Attractions Vinyl from THR. Heritage and Ancestors shadows are two great albums. I would get Heritage first, if your going to get any of them.