glam metal!

bobba313

Satanic I Swede.
May 5, 2013
sweden
HI my fellow metal heads!

first of all i would like to say that im new here on this site.
so HI everybody from sweden.

so to the thread, anybody like glam metal? (old school)
any fave band?

some of the lesser known bands were even better than the big named bands imo:
love/hate
xyz
kik tracee
loudness

hell yeah dudes all the bands you have mentioned i really like...

anybody Heard fate from denmark?
or White lion?
McQueen street from usa??

yeah vito was one of a kind and still is i Think!
White lion has some really nice glam tunes like the ballad when the Children cry and broken heart to Little fighter and more
such a great glam act.....

but so is McQueen street like in heaven or time fuck those ballads are good.

anybody Heard hardcore superstar?

FATE are excellent, specially the "trilogy": "A matter of attitude", "Cruisin´ for a bruisin´" and "Scratch and sniff". My favourite is the last one mainly due to Mattias Eklund guitar work. Not of this earth :worship:

After their return (without Mattias who uses to play in Freak Kitchen) I´m not too much in new stuff. It´s ok but nothing special. Live they´re still good.

I love glam metal. My favourite band is Cinderella, but I also like other bands such as Skid Row, White Lion, Tigertailz, Pretty boy floyd, Danger Danger, Lita Ford, Poison, Ratt...

What about the new era of glam metal?I'm talking about bands as Crahsdiet, Hardcore Superstar, etc. Somebody could add more examples of new glam metal bands?

I love glam metal. My favourite band is Cinderella, but I also like other bands such as Skid Row, White Lion, Tigertailz, Pretty boy floyd, Danger Danger, Lita Ford, Poison, Ratt...

What about the new era of glam metal?I'm talking about bands as Crahsdiet, Hardcore Superstar, etc. Somebody could add more examples of new glam metal bands?

crashdiet and a band called lipstixx n bulletz are the only 2 newer glam metal bands that i think are any good. jettblack is another newer band

crazy lixx is a new good glam band and maybe
jettblack
black oxygen
miss crazy
fatal smile
wig wam
pompei nights
peep show

many good bands right here long live glam

I also forgot to mention Cinderella... They have not held up well over time on disc, but they are still in my top ten as far as live bands I have ever seen. THey were super professional and fun. The same goes for Poison. You would have to pay me to listen to Poison on disc, but I would pay to see them live.

Bryant

Yeah cinderella is a really good band! As everybody maybe knows im a real sucker for ballads!
So cinderella is a great band for that!!!
My fave ballad by cinderella is easily coming home, that song is so beautiful!
But all the named bands here have so many good ballads!
Anybody heard of saints and sinners from canada?

Yeah cinderella is a really good band! As everybody maybe knows im a real sucker for ballads!
So cinderella is a great band for that!!!
My fave ballad by cinderella is easily coming home, that song is so beautiful!
But all the named bands here have so many good ballads!
Anybody heard of saints and sinners from canada?

Cinderella were absolutely monsters live. I am also partial to "Coming Home" as far as their ballads. I have a weakness for singer/songwriter type styff though. What little non rock/metal stuff I listen to is stuff like James Taylor, Neil Young etc. and I am far from ashamed of it. I love acoustic guitar played well with heartfelt vocals over it. That is what "Coming Home" offers.
I have heard the name Saints and Sinners, but am not familiar with their music. Very little of the glam metal, I can enjoy on disc now. I listen to a little PC69 and White Lion now and then.

Bryant

Mmm... The term glam metal doesn´t fit, IMO, with some bands named here (Loudness, PC 69, Cinderella,...) but, well, we could say it´s a "global" definition.

In terms of glam, I´d like some of the late 80´s bands:

VAIN: Their first record "No respect" is a monster of album. A masterpiece of the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bv3VbsKaJI

ROXX GANG: Not consistent with a full album but some songs are totally addictive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7DzkHw4_xA

PRETTY BOY FLOYD: A mess of a band, a Motley Crue wannabes but their debut, "Leather boys with electric toys" is a kind of miracle given the poor skills of their member. Saw them live in Madrid 8 years ago and it was a joke. What a disaster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnYstQ0f0Y

TIGERTAILZ: One of the british answers to LA glam metal. "Berzerk" is funny and catchy. They got 5 minutes of fame and "lives" with that since (with uncountable changes of line up, drama, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyZthhw4pII