glam metal!

I like Mötley Crüe... Especially their earlier stuff...
If given the chance I'd so bang Nikki Sixx

A comedy metal band perhaps, but their music is astoundingly good. You put any other lyrics to their songs and it's just as awesome.

they are all good musicians but the lyrics suck. they all played in serious bands before that. the singer was in l.a. guns and the guitar player was in halfords band FIGHT

they are all good musicians but the lyrics suck. they all played in serious bands before that. the singer was in l.a. guns and the guitar player was in halfords band FIGHT

Personally, I think the lyrics are hilarious. And, like I said, if you keep the melodies and make the lyrics more "serious," and the songs still kick ass. Steel Panther is A LOT better than Fight and LA Guns, and I liked Fight. You really should see SP live, they put on a hell of a show.

Personally, I think the lyrics are hilarious. And, like I said, if you keep the melodies and make the lyrics more "serious," and the songs still kick ass. Steel Panther is A LOT better than Fight and LA Guns, and I liked Fight. You really should see SP live, they put on a hell of a show.

i saw them live at M3 festival this year. watched 3 songs and then got food. took them about 20 minutes just to play the 3 songs with all the comedy crap after each song. no way SP is better than the 1988-1993 L.A. Guns

I saw Pretty Maids last year at Prog-Power USA. It was their first time in America. While I can't say that the lead singer has a great voice, he is very experienced and sings to his strengths and was absolutely a joy to see live. I enjoyed their set as much as anyone on the roster last year. They were VERY professional and fun.
On a side note..... SOME people consider Tesla as being glam..... I couldn't agree less, but they did have the big hair and make-up for there videos on Mechanical Resonance. That release is easily in my top ten of all-time.

Bryant

I saw Pretty Maids last year at Prog-Power USA. It was their first time in America.

Bryant

You are calling Pretty Maids glam? That's your second one!

I'm gonna get medieval on your rear in September :Smokedev:

i saw them live at M3 festival this year. watched 3 songs and then got food. took them about 20 minutes just to play the 3 songs with all the comedy crap after each song. no way SP is better than the 1988-1993 L.A. Guns

You've got to be joking. Satchel (Fight's guitarist) has more talent in two fingers than all the members of LA Guns combined. I would argue he's a better song writer, and is a far better guitar player than anything you'll hear on the 88-93 albums. LA Guns were alright, but a LOT of their songs were mediocre at best. Feel the Steel is a better album than a Best of LA Guns.

Some of their comedy stuff between songs is absolutely priceless, but I will concede it can drag on for too long.

Guns n Roses
Motley Crue
LA Guns
Faster Pussycat
Skid Row
Vinnie Vincent Invasion
Wasp
Hanoi Rocks
Poison (early stuff)

You've got to be joking. Satchel (Fight's guitarist) has more talent in two fingers than all the members of LA Guns combined. I would argue he's a better song writer, and is a far better guitar player than anything you'll hear on the 88-93 albums. LA Guns were alright, but a LOT of their songs were mediocre at best. Feel the Steel is a better album than a Best of LA Guns.

Some of their comedy stuff between songs is absolutely priceless, but I will concede it can drag on for too long.

i guess thats just your opinion. i think tracii guns is one of the unsung guitar heros and better than slash. hard to beat l.a. guns self titled or cocked and loaded albums

crashdiet and a band called lipstixx n bulletz are the only 2 newer glam metal bands that i think are any good. jettblack is another newer band

Sister Sin is newer with an amazing female lead vocalist! Their newest album, Now & Forever, is awesome! Also, Icarus Witch! One of my new all-time favorite bands ever! All the great reviews they received for their newest album, Rise, are true! They are incredible and some of the hardest working guys in the scene that I have ever met. DYING to see them on Prog Power this year, but they're not on the bill :(

I saw Pretty Maids last year at Prog-Power USA. It was their first time in America. While I can't say that the lead singer has a great voice, he is very experienced and sings to his strengths and was absolutely a joy to see live. I enjoyed their set as much as anyone on the roster last year. They were VERY professional and fun.
On a side note..... SOME people consider Tesla as being glam..... I couldn't agree less, but they did have the big hair and make-up for there videos on Mechanical Resonance. That release is easily in my top ten of all-time.

Bryant

Check out Icarus Witch! Those guys are incredible and I was so bummed to see they are NOT in the line up for Prog-Power! :( Their lead singer has an incredible voice and vocal range. Check out their latest cd, Rise. Got incredible reviews! More power/melodic metal than glam.

Cinderella were absolutely monsters live. I am also partial to "Coming Home" as far as their ballads. I have a weakness for singer/songwriter type styff though. What little non rock/metal stuff I listen to is stuff like James Taylor, Neil Young etc. and I am far from ashamed of it. I love acoustic guitar played well with heartfelt vocals over it. That is what "Coming Home" offers.
I have heard the name Saints and Sinners, but am not familiar with their music. Very little of the glam metal, I can enjoy on disc now. I listen to a little PC69 and White Lion now and then.

Bryant

Check out Tom Keifer's new cd...it's REALLY good. Saw him 3x so far this year and his voice is still AMAZING, which I was surprised at given all the problems and surgery's he's had. Lots of ballads, though my favorite songs are the harder ones off that album. Cold Day in Hell, Not Enough & Welcome to My Mind. His shows are so fun!! One of my all time favorite bands, Icarus Witch, opened for Cinderella couple of years ago. I missed and wanted to shoot myself :(

Great to see Hardcore Superstar getting some mentions on here although (and correct me if I'm wrong as it's getting late) I'm sure they were mentioned as a new band?? It must be at least 10 years since I first saw them so to me they don't count aas new. Haven't seen any mentions of Tuff in the thread so I will throw them in as one of my all time faves who have definitely still got it! If you happen to be free and in the U.K. they are on tour here for the next few days get out and catch them!!!
On the Tesla point all I can say is awesome band great songs but not glam.
StOp sToP are a band I have been recommended but haven't checked out yet might interest some of you glammies xx