GMD Poll: Top 10 Metal Albums of 1995

i get why people wouldn't consider them the best of the year but not liking vitus at all is kinda strange to me, they're such an intense and deranged and expressive band, not to mention uber consistent. s/t is still their best album to me but this one's close to the top.

i get why people wouldn't consider them the best of the year but not liking vitus at all is kinda strange to me, they're such an intense and deranged and expressive band, not to mention uber consistent. s/t is still their best album to me but this one's close to the top.

Not making a list =/= not liking at all. Don't really need to explain that. And i find St. Vitus to be a pretty overrated band anyway, especially amongst a certain type people. Just not my cup of tea

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Shit my .5 point move from death to dream theater cost it a spot. I only did it so that dream theater album would show up in the double digits list, but then Ozz helped so I should have given the .5 back to death. Oh well.

If we're being realistic here that Death album deserves the #1 spot for 1995 metal as far as influence and staying power. That Dream Theater album totally deserves more recognition though as it is one of their best, easily #2 by them for me. After that it's Awake at #3 and then things get murky.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
With the exception to the massive reach at #1, this is a really strong list. I'm personally not a fan of Meshuggah, but I get why it would make the list. I wouldn't have Thousand Swords or Scarlet Evil Witching Black that high, but in both cases, I get the appeal.

It's notable that black metal makes up 50% of the list.