3. Candlemass - Tales of Creation
4. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
5. Hermética - Hermética
6. Testament - Practice What You Preach
7. Armoured Angel - Wings of Death
8. Venom - Prime Evil
9. Savatage - Gutter Ballet
10. Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom

1. Ministry - The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste (Streetcleaner's a joke next to this)
  2. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
  3. Soundgarden - Louder Than Love
  4. Running Wild - Death or Glory
  5. Coroner - No More Color
  6. DRI - Thrash Zone
  7. Savatage - Gutter Ballet
  8. Voivod - Nothingface
  9. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
  10. Dark Angel - Leave Scars

Just sayin, not sure how anyone who listens to industrial metal puts Godflesh above Ministry for this year, unless they prefer something more boring.

Or something heavier, The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste is fun though if you prefer the poppier side of that stuff.
It's not about poppy vs heavy for me, I'm just blown away by the abundance of amazing ideas packed into TMIATTTT. Visionary stuff.

Take "Breathe" for instance. Hard to find a more uniquely dystopian atmosphere in metal. The main lyrical theme. The faux religious chanting toward the end. The subtle fucked up samples like the juxtaposed crying and car horns at the beginning (stuff like that is all over Ministry's work in this era).

Last edited:
Had a look at this year on RYM during the week. Fair chunk of my friends top 50/100 I haven't got around to listening to yet. Looks like I've got a busy month ahead... but top 5 probably includes Severed Survival, Nosferatu, Altars of Madness, Resurrection Absurd and Beneath the Remains. No More Color, Consuming Impulse, Streetcleaner, Freaks, Control and Resistance also close enough. Oh yeah, and of course Nothingface not without a chance. ;)