4 Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
5 R.D.P. - Brasil
6 Napalm Death - Mentally Murdered
7 Soundgarden - Louder Than Love
8 Coroner - No More Color
9 Kreator - Extreme Aggression
10 - Lobotomia - Nada é como parece!

Last edited:
Soundgarden have definitely released albums that are metal and they're basically one of the founders of "alternative metal". And Nirvana also have a lot of heavy and metallic stuff. Not familiar with Louder Than Love but there's nothing wrong with Bleach being mentioned here.

Reactions: jimmy101
Not sure if I agree with categorizing Soundgarden as metal, but if enough people here think they're a metal band than I'll happily edit them into my top 10. After all, Louder than Love contains some of their heaviest cuts.

It's not as simple as BUT HEY DEY IZ NOT A METAL BAND. Neither of those two are "metal bands". Doesn't mean they havent released songs/albums that dont fall under the metal umbrella. Same goes for metal bands releasing stuff that isnt metal. Doesn't mean they're not a metal band anymore or whatever. Both of those bands have plenty of heavy and metallic songs scattered on nearly every album ive heard from them so i dont see anything wrong at all with either of them being mentioned on peoples lists here.

"they belong", "if enough people think they're a metal band"... were not ranking bands here, were ranking albums.

Eh, I'll edit them in then. They're a top band and I've always loved them. Plus, their biggest influence is Black Sabbath, so that's good enough for me.

Bleach has a couple of metal/metallic songs but that's about it. Louder Than Love is defo metal though.

... not familiar with that album at all.
Dunno if you're being serious, but check out "Surprise, You're Dead" if you wanna hear the heaviest song FNM ever penned.

Edit: Possibly second heaviest, come to think of it, after "Jizzlobber".

The Real Thing probably has the most metal in it out of the three but I still don't think it's a metal album.

Surprise! You're Dead and Zombie Eaters are blatantly metal songs, but there's a fair amount of non-metal on the album too.

1 - Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
2 - Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
3 - Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
4 - Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
5 - Obituary - Slowly We Rot
6 - Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
7 - Toxic -Think This
8 - Necrodeath - Fragments of Insanity
9 - Napalm Death - Mentally Murdered EP
10 - Leatherwolf - Street Ready

1) Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
2) Sepultura - Beneath the Remains