GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1991

The cover thing was a trend in the later 80's/early 90's thrash scene I'm guessing to fill out albums that were deemed to short by the record company and it seemed to get to be a contest as to who could do the most ridiculous. Some were better than others but none were as good as the originals on the album. That's why I don't include them in my critiques.

Do most copies of Kill Em All even have the cover? Mine doesn't at least, I thought that was literally a bonus track tacked on later.

Deron hasn't been online for nearly a week.. Also the google ads are gone. I think we're on our own

since the downtime yesterday/today the search function hasn't been working (i assume @MetalAges knows about this), so i'm holding out on closing this for now until it's hopefully fixed. we are past the deadline though so hurry up if you still haven't posted your list!

Found the problem, should be functional again shortly.

EDIT: Running.

Last edited:
this is the closest classic year yet, more reminiscent of one of our polls for modern years. there are two ties in the top 10, only 20 points separating 10th from 20th, and less than 40 points between 1st and 10th. the forum becomes quiet and tense as the countdown approaches.......

Reactions: Bloopy
Post it dammit!
giphy.gif

GMD's Top Ten Metal Albums of 1991
10) Human by Death

A living hell has begun...

Death_human.jpg

"On the topic of Death I actually still really enjoy Human. One of the few extreme metal albums I adored as a teen that wasn't fucking dumb" - @The Butt

"I used to be a huge fan of Human myself, though it's waned considerably over the years but it was the first death metal album I ever heard that seemed to go beyond "beer and gore and trucker hats bro" type content." - @CASSETTEISGOD

"this album defines DEATH!! NO OTHER ALBUM CAN BEAT THIS. The fourth time was when they truly got it right. The riffs and solos are some of the best damn ones I've ever heard ever. It makes me say Chuck Schuldiner is a metal god." - @Halberd3

"Listened to Death's Human for about the 10th time. I don't think there's anything special about this record and I don't get why some hold it in such high esteem. I mean it's good, but I really don't understand how people consider it one of the best death and/or prog metal records ever." - @crimsonfloyd

"The more I listen to Human the more I realize what a boring album it is, and how far behind the tech-thrash scene it was." - @HamburgerBoy

"What made Human so good was that it's where they really hit there stride and more full expanded upon the sound and style touched on by the previous album. It's where Chuck really developed his distinct riffing style and sound, where their lyrics became more than the standard fare, and Death fully grew into Death." - @divine_torture

Chosen by:
zerostatic (#1)
Serjeant Grumbles (#2)
Baroque (#2)
RadicalThrasher (#4)
Satanstoenail (#5)
alex76 (#6)

TOTAL POINTS: 46